Welcome Renesemee to the Thompson pack and know what type of husky she is.

Lana

Despite all preexisting rules i got one with a little second generation wolf?! Welcome Renesemee to the Thompson Pack. Renesemee parents was Siberians with the Father being pure Siberian and the mother being half wolf half Siberian. Her Grandfather was pure Timber wolf and her grandmother pure Siberian.

Well after talking to my old man and doing research we decided to allow this exception. One because she is a female and the aggression are more known with male hybrids more than female, secondly because she is not first generation hybrid but second, and finally because we got her at 7 weeks hold. Young enough to correct and prevent any bad behavioral mishaps and clear make in steal in her who is the Alpha.

I figured that my family and I are responsible enough to accept her in our pack vs someone with no experience accepting only to later on release her . It is not illegal to have a part hybrid husky in the state of Louisiana as long as it is not 50% or more wolf, however if a dog is surrendered and/or caught by animal control knowing its part wolf (any percent) it will not be place for adoption but put down. No permits are required as well for a hybrid according to State Game and Fishery and City Animal and Control.

Most vets here have the right to refuse a part wolf and have. Lucky the base vet will continue to see her, however she has to be muzzled. Vets off base in the city will not see her. Renesemee is already chipped and will be fixed soon. (it was pricer because she was part wolf. Dont know why but was).

If you are a hybrid owner or was please give me your thoughts, advice, and knowledge. There is never too much knowledge. Only expe-rience i have had with hybrids is training (which wasnt the funnest thing int he world nor the easiest to train) and when a friend had one when i was younger.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually i have found that most of the hybrids i've come across... it's the females who tend to be the most dominant and have more behavioral problems. Maybe i'm incorrect or have just experienced an oddity. I love my "wolf like" Sibes, i don't think i'd ever like to have a hybrid though. In my honest opinion, wolves belong in the wild, dogs belong in the home. They shouldn't mix. That's just me though!

Good luck with her, nice name by the way ;)

Luckily it is impossible to tell how much 'wolf' is in your dog, unless of course it is directly from the breeding pair of Sibe + Wolf. It's not even necessarily true that just because you have a Sibe bred with a half Sibe/half Wolf, that it's offspring have ANY amount of 'wolf' in them. Genetics is complicated.

If I owned a hybrid, I wouldn't even let my Vets and/or very few people even know about it. That way (at least in the States) there's no real way to prove your Sibe is in fact a wolf hybrid, keeping him safe.

There's pics???????

I would be nervous about only the base vet seeing her it severely limits your options should you move unsure.gif

I have never come across a hybrid so can't really offer any helo or advice other to say remain consistent as you would with any pup :)

Now, off to look at these pics :D

Yes I did. I met the grandmother has well and I seen all the puppies too. The siblings are dark brown with masks and one black w/white and one more that looks like Renesemee. All together there are 4 if them including Renesemee.

Do you have any pics of the parents/grand parents? Would love to see what they look like :) We don't have wolf hybrids here and TBH I don't really agree with breeding them, obviously not your fault though and your girl looks lovely :)

btw bec... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?! Nice seeing you again. What are your thoughts about color?

Thanks :) Sorry I didn't reply to your comment on my profile yet. Just been really busy :) Her colour is really interesting and you can definitely see she's not pure Siberian. Will be very interesting to see what she looks like when she's older :D

Do you have any pics of the parents/grand parents? Would love to see what they look like :) We don't have wolf hybrids here and TBH I don't really agree with breeding them, obviously not your fault though and your girl looks lovely :)

Thanks :) Sorry I didn't reply to your comment on my profile yet. Just been really busy :) Her colour is really interesting and you can definitely see she's not pure Siberian. Will be very interesting to see what she looks like when she's older :D

I had pictures of her parents and met one of her grandparents. I will ask them to send me a picture again of the parents and grandparents.

Hi there Lana,

You have a wonderful puppy there.

We think Renesemee is a real STUNNER. We like her !

Ivan & Paul.

We don't have wolf hybrids here

We would like to point out to everyone in this post, that a battle was fought and won, by a couple, with regards to rearing Wolf hybrids, who happen to live and keep Czechoslovakian wolfdogs here in the United Kingdom.

So therefore, we actually do have Wolf Hybrids living within the UK.

There are in fact 2 types of Wolf Hybrids (Wolfdogs).

Firstly, the Czechoslovakian wolfdogs were INTRODUCED by the Winder family, they had their first litter born in the United Kingdom in 2003, there were 23 in the UK, up to March 2009.

Apparently more were planned for April and May 2009, so there may be a few more now !

ALL their Wolfdogs are within the legal requirements of the UK, now set out by DEFRA.

Secondly, is the Saarloos Wolfhound, they too are also living and being bred within the United Kingdom, they also are Wolf hybrids.

The Saarloos wolfdog was developed by Lendeert Saarloos in 1921 by crossing a European Wolf with a German Shepherd Dog.

Both breeds are recognised in their country of origin and are also classified as breeds of dogs by the Fédération Cynologique Internationale (FCI). Which is an International Federation of Kennel Clubs based in Thuin, Belgium.

The English translation is, World Canine Organisation, which is not often used.

Both of these breeds CAN be purchased in the United Kingdom and a DEFRA, Dangerous Wild Animal Licence is NOT required.

There is a Website on the Internet, (we cannot include the link here, due to forum rules, which we do understand) but we can guide you to it !

If you type in a Google engine, the words, UK Wolfdogs or Wolfdogs UK ! - you will see a welcome page !

Czechoslovakian Wolfdog

Saarloos Wolfhound

Both pure breeds are being kept to a minimum and when puppies do come along they range from £1,500 - £2,000.

Perhaps it might help then if you filled out your profile better.

My profile was filled out adequately before the forum was upgraded. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to fill it out again. Besides, most of the members here know I live in Oz.

Do you assume that everyone you come across on an internet forum is from the same country as yourself?

My profile was filled out adequately before the forum was upgraded. Unfortunately I haven't had much time to fill it out again. Besides, most of the members here know I live in Oz.

Do you assume that everyone you come across on an internet forum is from the same country as yourself?

We are not psychic.

Some of the members on here may know where you live, but other members and new ones didn't, until you put your country's flag in place today, as your profile was incomplete.

We do not assume that everyone on the internet forum is in the same country as us. We did not have a clue where you were from, as it was not stated.

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learnt from this, and that is, ALL boxes in the profile should be mandatory filled in, before you can go ahead and use the forum.

After all, its only common courtesy to fill the boxes out, Marc and Sarah haven't provided them for nothing.

I don't expect everyone to know where I am from - I was simply saying that a lot of members do know where I'm from.

You were the one who assumed I was from the UK, and posted a snippy response to my post, because you thought I didn't know what I was talking about.

If you didn't assume I was in the UK, why did you respond to my post correcting me when I said we don't have wolf hybrids where I live?

I haven't had the time to fill out the boxes in my profile, simple as that, some of us have lives outside the internet :) You'll note that I've now filled out the country bit - happy?

I don't expect everyone to know where I am from - I was simply saying that a lot of members do know where I'm from.

You were the one who assumed I was from the UK, and posted a snippy response to my post, because you thought I didn't know what I was talking about.

If you didn't assume I was in the UK, why did you respond to my post correcting me when I said we don't have wolf hybrids where I live?

I haven't had the time to fill out the boxes in my profile, simple as that, some of us have lives outside the internet :) You'll note that I've now filled out the country bit - happy?

As a point to note:

We were not being snippy or even sniping.

Secondly You do actucally have Wolf hybrids in your country, as you have one living with you at the moment, as all Canines are descendents of wolves. Fact.

Secondly You do actucally have Wolf hybrids in your country, as you have one living with you at the moment, as all Canines are descendents of wolves. Fact.

Oh please! So all dogs are wolf hybrids now? By definition? PMSL.

ETA: Sorry Sarah, we must have posted at the same time. I'll be good I promise :)