Dna Testing Suggested To Target Dog Fouling

Emma

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/dna-test-could-soon-trap-4900227

I wonder if it would work?  In order for it to be effective you'd have to have samples of the individual dogs to test it against.   The article says vets would take dna samples at the same time as microchipping pets but I suspect they could only do this with consent.  The people who are guilty of allowing their pets to poo on the streets are not likely to give their permission for that I would think?

I am fed up with people not picking up their dogs poop.  The pups at the moment are in their young curiosity trying to eat the stuff in the park.  I have to pick up others peoples dog poo because I have no idea what might be in it.  And quite frankly it disgusts me.  Children play in this park as well.  You can take a torch with you if you walk your dog at night as we do.

They do not try to eat their own poop or Bella's or Noah's as I pick up loads of the stuff everyday in our garden, so I have ruled out any deficiency in their diet.

I wish it could work but I am not sure that it would without a lot of money and policing.  And Damn permission make it a legal requirement if this does become a reality.  it might stop people using the poop bins as a way of disposing the waste from their gardens as well, as many a time we see poop bins overflowing with what is obviously some ones 2 weekly poop clearance and then where do you put your dog poop bag???.

Yours disgruntled with every dog owner that does not pick their dogs poop up in areas where children play and people walk. :angry:  And don't get me started on the amount of rubbish and broken glass in our area  :angry:  :angry: 

Rant over, and breath. :D 

I don't understand why they do it as your right you double bag and put in the normal bin for collection.  By them doing this it fills the bins and when you come to dispose of your own "on walk poop" collection it is either balance it on top or find the next one.

Does anyone know if your are allowed to dispose of dog waste in the mains sewer system.  Dog poop is not much different to human it has about the same BOD and Ammonia (as N) loading .  ??????

Hidden

Not a damn company is going to attempt that financial black hole. The costs would be astronomic. Just to prove Neighbor Timmy lets Sassy do her 'business' in your yard. A basic security camera set up could do the same and have more uses. Or heck, ask the old retired lady on the corner of the block who sees everything.