Garden Problems!

cardifboi

Our Garden is fully secure with fencing, walls and hedging around it.. ( well at least i thought it was) Zeus has worked his way through the hedge by biting through it into next door! he has formed a huge gap i nthe hedge.. i have put up some metal fencing infront of the hole.. I have shouted at him many timers for doing this as its becoming a pain for our neighbours and the fact hes destroying the garden.. so he knows hes not suppose to do it.. now he has started a new hole because that ones out of bounds.. i will come out the back door and he will see me and his ears will flop back and he will sulk in a corner! why does he do it when he knows he will get punished for doing it! anybody had the same problem and any ideas what i could do to resolve.. thanks

digging is another common husky trait our garden has many holes in it (thankfully not at the fence) my boys breeder sed when he caught them he used 2 spray them with water n eventually they stopped (i wouldnt recommend doing this in the cold weather we are having atm tho)

Our Garden is fully secure with fencing, walls and hedging around it.. ( well at least i thought it was) Zeus has worked his way through the hedge by biting through it into next door! he has formed a huge gap i nthe hedge.. i have put up some metal fencing infront of the hole.. I have shouted at him many timers for doing this as its becoming a pain for our neighbours and the fact hes destroying the garden.. so he knows hes not suppose to do it.. now he has started a new hole because that ones out of bounds.. i will come out the back door and he will see me and his ears will flop back and he will sulk in a corner! why does he do it when he knows he will get punished for doing it! anybody had the same problem and any ideas what i could do to resolve.. thanks

sorry to hear you having some problems. At the moment our garden isnt secure and we have a dog tie out line attatched on to a tree trunk at either end of the line and then the boys can go out at be attatched the line with a lead so they can still enjoy in the garden and I aint worrying about them escpaing.

They sell the lines at pets at home, here is the link for the line with a screw-in post http://www.petsathome.com/shop/tie-out-stake-and-15ft-cable-set-for-dogs-by-pets-at-home-13685?DisplayProductList=true

For a husky I would recommend get just the line as the posts are very light and can easily be pulled out (my 3 can easily pull them out), they should sell them separate at pets at home or I would think they sell them on places like ebay also or other pet shops

Tell u what... every house ive lived in except this 1 mine have escaped ! They are amazing escape artists. I now live in a house with 10 ft walls all around the garden so no problems. I feel for u i really do.

I go on holiday with my mum every yr 2 dog friendly cottages that say 'Secure Gardens' pahh Scooby escaped within 2 mins of bein in the garden and of course Nanook had to follow, found them in a massive field with Horses nearby.

My advice... when u c a new hole fill it, hedge broken down fix it. I know this sounds like rubbish advice but it really is all u can do.

Good luck x

Just a quick reply taking away his toys because he is naughty isn't going to help he won't know why you are taking them away advise is same as above just keep an eye out for damage in hedge and fences and fix it. Our boy used to escape not by going over or under out 6ft panels but by going through them lol

Stacy x

Well we have had the exact same problem! We have a garden with 6 foot fencing all the way round, HOWEVER the gate had a tiney gap under it, the fence on one side had a little gap onto one neighbor and now thanks to the dog on the other side and Nukka desperatly wanting to play with each other now so does the fence on the other side! We have blocked up the gaps as best we can, put slabs where the two dogs had dug a hole to each other so they couldnt do it again and shes not left out there without someone keeping a halwk like eye on her! Although I have to say I have actually seen her recently when next doors dog is out eyeing up the top of the fence and I can see the little plan forming in her head "I wonder if I could jump that high...?" etc! lol!

Fraid thats all the advise I can offer, block up the gaps and keep a eye on him while hes out there!

Nukka has also made lots of little craters in the garden but thankfully none of them are near the fences so I think maybe shes trying to dig her way to Canada to run with the huskies there! LoL! biggrin.gif

we have our plants behind mesh to keep dogs away from them, we would have no plants/ grass left so just have paving slabs, wood & mesh fencing all around, they love to chew/ dig anything. They don't understand that they aren't supposed to do this & just love to be naughty. Thankfully we have never had any ecapers.