Day Of Remembrance

Jay

Tomorrow September 11th marks 13 years since the tragedy in New York, Washington DC and Pennsylvania.

It's hard to believe that it's been so long since that awful day. RIP to all those who lost their lives on that day.

I remember it as if it happened yesterday suddenly the office building I was working in (Cheltenham film studios) went real scary silent and all the phone line in the office (20) went dead for about 20 mins....

My kids Uncle was there.  He was one of the lucky ones who's boss told them to evacuate when the first tower was hit....   He was really badly affected by this, he lost a lot of friends.  

Terrible day for the world and the poeple who lost there lives and for their families... 

The first time I got an inkling that anything was going on I was standing in the high street in an electrical goods shop (think it was Dixon's when it was still around). I was  in the TV part of the shop and surrounded by multiple television screens showing the first plane crash. I had no idea at that time what was actually happening, I thought at first that it was just a tragic plane crash.  It soon become apparent that this was not the case and as the day wore on, more and more updates kept hitting the news and the true extent of the multiple tragedy's became clear. :( 

So many lives, families and futures were destroyed on that day.  Will never forget.  :(