Giving Rep's

Sarah

Ok, it has been brought to my attention that certain members are throwing around negative rep to what are good posts made by a certain member.

Why this particular member is being "victimised" i have no idea, however I am asking politely for it to stop!

The reputation system is there to be used to show your appreciation to advice given / comments made etc.

The member involved has been a valued member of this forum for quite some time and has years of experience. I have learned a lot from this person and I know that others have as well.

I'm not saying don't give negative rep - far from it - what i AM saying is give it where it is due. I hope that on here, it is used very little as posts are so informative :) Which is what we all want and strive for.

In the instances where I have seen this person receive negative rep it was in no way shape or form warranted.

Thank you :D

WARNING TO THOSE PEOPLE:

Firstly you know who you are, and you know that you have been giving people negative reputation, not because there was anything wrong with the post as A LOT of the ones I read were simply giving advice. Not in a "I've owned a husky for 1000 years" way ... Not in an "I know best way" but friendly advice to someone who asked for it.

SECONDLY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY.. I said that the reputation system is anonymous on the forum, and that people cannot see who has +rep or -rep them. That is true ... I DIDNT SAY that it could not be moderated by myself if needbe.

I have been in and been writing code in order to find out what has been going on. I DO know the members in question. You will not be mentioned on here, nor mentioned to in private by myself, however consider this a warning. If you want to read this and ignore it. Feel free! You will not be warned twice.

edit:- And there is more than one person doing this. It is not for giving people negative reputation because you do not like them. It is a system for voting up or down posts.

Sorry to hear of this and hope it comes to a stop!

I dont have a clue if it has anything to do with this but I am aware that Tony (Sibe77) does like to stick his big beak into threads/ issues that have f all to do with him and wont be happy till he gives his 2pence worth but if this has I would like to apologise to all those members past & present he may have upset due to him being so bloody nosey and a big know it all.

Sorry to hear of this and hope it comes to a stop!

I dont have a clue if it has anything to do with this but I am aware that Tony (Sibe77) does like to stick his big beak into threads/ issues that have f all to do with him and wont be happy till he gives his 2pence worth but if this has I would like to apologise to all those members past & present he may have upset due to him being so bloody nosey and a big know it all.

Your jokin aint ya ... Tonys posts are bloody hilarious lol

I don't need to be rep'd, I have a big enough reputation as it is....................all for the wrong reasons and totally scandoulous I might add, don't listen to what everyone tells ya (especially Sarah or Marc) I'm just not like that at all.................lol

Tony, keep up the replies, they certainly do give us a chuckle.

Have I ever got negative rep???? I feel like I could be missing out if I haven't.........It's not fair I never get anything smile.gif

Steve

Oh i forgot to add "c'mon the 'Irons'"

Bloody cheek! why do you always think i have done wrong? im sweet and innocent me and im hurt my so called beloved would think otherwise....

LOL... :D Sorry but its true He He Ha Ha

is there no way we can have the old rep system back?? i liked seeing who repped me for what lol or was that just the old software?

Yeah I liked the way the other one you could see who rep you for what. :)

I don't need to be rep'd, I have a big enough reputation as it is....................all for the wrong reasons and totally scandoulous I might add, don't listen to what everyone tells ya (especially Sarah or Marc) I'm just not like that at all.................lol

Tony, keep up the replies, they certainly do give us a chuckle.

Have I ever got negative rep???? I feel like I could be missing out if I haven't.........It's not fair I never get anything :)

Steve

Oh i forgot to add "c'mon the 'Irons'"

Are you a westHam fan Steve??? :) "C'MON YOU IRONS!!!!!!!!!"

fan2.gif

• 2 months later...

WARNING TO THOSE PEOPLE:

Firstly you know who you are, and you know that you have been giving people negative reputation, not because there was anything wrong with the post as A LOT of the ones I read were simply giving advice. Not in a "I've owned a husky for 1000 years" way ... Not in an "I know best way" but friendly advice to someone who asked for it.

SECONDLY AND MORE IMPORTANTLY.. I said that the reputation system is anonymous on the forum, and that people cannot see who has +rep or -rep them. That is true ... I DIDNT SAY that it could not be moderated by myself if needbe.

I have been in and been writing code in order to find out what has been going on. I DO know the members in question. You will not be mentioned on here, nor mentioned to in private by myself, however consider this a warning. If you want to read this and ignore it. Feel free! You will not be warned twice.

edit:- And there is more than one person doing this. It is not for giving people negative reputation because you do not like them. It is a system for voting up or down posts.

For the attention of all members in case any new members dont know or some that might of forgot the rules.