In The Uk News, So Sad.

Nikknoo

My mum saw this in her paper ( I didn't , personally I don't read the daily mail!) I looked it up on line to share with you as I feel so sad reading it. My pup was named after a game of thrones dire wolf, however we spent years before researching the breed before rescuing one our selfs so we knew of the work we had to put in!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2741829/Game-Of-Thrones-Twilight-films-blamed-huge-rise-number-huskies-abandoned.html

Shocking, but people will never change and this type of story will go round and round for years :0(

Personally, I have to admit I wasn't prepared for how different Skye would be from any other dog I'd ever had (even though I was warned), but despite the initial shock I would NEVER have given up on her, looking back it wasn't really that bad......or maybe I've just learned to be one step ahead ALL the time so don't notice anymore, that and the massive amount of time we put in training her!

Wow, I'm not surprised, but if Shadow's owner hadn't ditched her, then I wouldn't have my awesome girl. The difference is, I knew what I was getting into with her and actually, I've found her a lot easier to handle then I thought she would be. Maybe it's easier because shes seven, but I hope strangers don't just think I'm one of those people who got a husky because of a TV show or movie. I actually didn't want a husky at all because I know what the breed it like, she chose me at the local shelter, not the other way around.

I don't think we can blame TV shows and movies in this case =\ in the end it all comes down to how much common sense one has. I mean, if somebody drives to the local shelter and picks up a Husky right after he leaves the cinema and proceeds to complaint about why is his dog so stubborn and high-maintenance, I'd blame his education more than the fact that he's a Twilight fan.

After reading all the husky traits, what to expect etc i had prepared myself for some sort of dog demon and actually bella is very well behaved even coming upto her teenage stage at 1! Shes eaten the odd thing she shouldnt have which compared to my mums labrador is nothing! (He ate wooden chairs and tables and all sorts!) and she is just having her first proper shed so hair is everywhere atm but she is my gorgeous fluff ball with such a loving and cute personality i love it! She will come and nudge my hand so icuddle her etc she is a clever pup and knows exactally what to do! The only thing i wish was i could trust her off lead as it would be lovely to see her run properly as shes so quick and i wish she didnt pull as much - she has a halti for when i walk her with the buggy and the strengh in her neck muscles is amazing how she can still pull with the nose harness on! We are slowly getting there with her teaining! Xx