30 Dogs Pts By Getting Beaten To Death

mydiamond

**First off I am very sorry I have to ruin your beautiful sunny day. This Facebook post destroyed my heart as well. I heard about it over BlackBerry Messenger but I thought it was just a hoax. But I got to Fb tonight and oh my word, there is actually an amateur phone cam video of the killing. **

What happened to the humane injection?? :( I know it's hard to avoid the PTS sentence when it's a dog smuggled across borders, but there SHOULD be a better way than this to put them down. 

GRAPHIC VIDEO OF MASS KILLING posted on our Facebook. 

This video shows the mass killing of animals in Bali this week. We suspect the action is a violation of the law.

Law No 16 of 1992 was posted on this page yesterday by a Quarantine official. Our translation of part of it is that principles of animal welfare must be the priority when Quarantine officers perform their work and that Quarantine officers must be dedicated to animal welfare. Laws state that the killing of animals must be done in a humane way so animals are free from pain, fear, stress, torture and misuse. We believe the laws state that elimination of animals should be a last option.

On the video evidence here it seems that Animal Welfare laws may have been violated. Articles 170 and 302 and aspects of Animal Health law Article 66 may have been breached. 

We suspect one or more dogs who died at Gilimanuk were pit bulls being smuggled into Bali in relation to organised dog fighting which is inhumane and illegal.

The horrific incident took place on 15th April. The news reached this animal rescue organization by April 17th. This post above ^^^ didn't say much because there's a video there that's supposed to say it all, but really who has the heart to watch such video? 

one of the comments of somebody apparently brave enough (curious enough) to watch the vid:

Over a third of the dogs killed were Siberian Huskies - an ARCTIC BREED - sold to a humid, tropical climate. Cruel. Not to mention unfair to the local dogs, who are treated as vermin. 

DON'T SHOP, ADOPT. A dog is a companion, not a status symbol.

Couldn't believe this so just did a search. Wish I hadn't, seriously welling up. In 6 seconds all I saw were huskies, to upsetting by far and had to turn off.. I'd  like to treat some of those a******s to the same treatment they're dishing out. RIP you poor dogs.

Gary