Good On Pets At Home!

Is this because people don't agree with his teachings or is it for another reason? I know some dog owners have been pretty adamant against him, especially those who use positive reinforcement.

Excuse my ignorance on the topic xD

Is this because people don't agree with his teachings or is it for another reason? I know some dog owners have been pretty adamant against him, especially those who use positive reinforcement.

Excuse my ignorance on the topic xD

i personally think the way he 'trains' animals is cruel , pinning a dog down is just asking to be bitten n one that sticks in my mind is when he put a dog and a cat in the same room , let the dog go at the cat n then shocked the hell out of the dogs , its just disgusting , that is NOT imo training at all

I've been following some of Kikopup on YouTube who makes some great positive reinforcement videos including this one, which is a mock video of how "some people" (clearly meaning Cesar) train using dominance here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PIEjuu0STf4.

She starts out by pretending to "dominate" her dog before she launches into the real point of the video.

I've never seen his show before but ever since I saw that video about a week ago, I couldn't understand why some people think what he does is okay!! Some people seem really for him, which is strange to me.

I must say, after reading this earlier today, I could not get it off my mind. I went on Netflix and watched some of his show, "Best of the Dog Whisperer", and as I watched the whole first episode I felt like I fully understand exactly why people don't agree with him and his teachings. In the very first episode, when he "dominates" the aggressive dog inside the house, and then teaches the owner how to dominate the dog, was harrowing to watch. The dog's body language was strikingly obvious though no one else seemed to see it. Cesar Milan repeatedly keeps saying things like, "look how relaxed he looks" and my heart broke for the dog. In fact, it was so painful to watch that I frankly don't understand how on earth anyone could think what he does is natural or good. What he does to the animal is exactly what I've read about, the "learned helplessness" (http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm). The behavior was repressed. 

Thank you, OP, for posting about this. Though I personally knew nothing about Cesar Milan (though I've heard things about him), my eyes have been opened.

I must say, after reading this earlier today, I could not get it off my mind. I went on Netflix and watched some of his show, "Best of the Dog Whisperer", and as I watched the whole first episode I felt like I fully understand exactly why people don't agree with him and his teachings. In the very first episode, when he "dominates" the aggressive dog inside the house, and then teaches the owner how to dominate the dog, was harrowing to watch. The dog's body language was strikingly obvious though no one else seemed to see it. Cesar Milan repeatedly keeps saying things like, "look how relaxed he looks" and my heart broke for the dog. In fact, it was so painful to watch that I frankly don't understand how on earth anyone could think what he does is natural or good. What he does to the animal is exactly what I've read about, the "learned helplessness" (http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm). The behavior was repressed.

Thank you, OP, for posting about this. Though I personally knew nothing about Cesar Milan (though I've heard things about him), my eyes have been opened.

one ov the worst I've seen (n there's a lot) is he gets in a room with a German Shepard n his owner n a cat, I think the cat starts in a cage n then in his owners arms (can't remember too well) but he actually lets the dog go at the cat n then shocks the hell out ov the dog for it :-(

One episode i saw and hated was a white gsd who was a guard dog like echo and barked at strangers/strange dogs... Like echo

Cesar backed the barking and scared gsd into a corner (tail was tucked and body showed fear) and then pinned her 😢 .. As he has it pinned he got the owner to bring in a strange dog.... Cruel.

That gsd was soooo scared poor thing...

Echo barks out of fright too... She has never bitten anyone but when we say back off or leave her alone we mean it, we know our dog and don't want her stressed

Cesar needs to rethink the whole alpha dog thing

Good on you pets at home

Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Tapatalk