Help! My Puppy Is Traumatized...

juliapiano

Are u sure she growled, huskies can be very vocal n they can sound like they are growling when they aren't my boy does it a lot

Edit - it's ok to take her outside for toilet training in your garden but taking her outside n putting her down where other dogs have been isn't ok , u can carry her around to get her accustomed to smells and sounds tho such as traffic so they don't scare her when she is allowed out for walls

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand that she should not be outside. But we are house training. When I take my big dog to the baseball fields where I can lock us in and let her run, sometimes Cadence is good and is fine with staying home and sometimes she starts throwing a fit. So I carry her around in my arms like a little baby. This may be wrong but she is getting her shots tomorrow, I believe. 

nah, lots of people do that :) socialization is important so people often carry their young pups because they need the puppy to get accustomed to many different noises and sights :) 

You guys say a puppy cannot know how to dislike, but today when I was ignoring her after she pee'd on the carpet (this was before I got the spray for the house) she actually growled as she looked, while laying in the middle of the kitchen floor. WTF 

I would still say puppies can't hate. It's just our way of translating their behavior that made them look like spiteful little things :lol: echoing Nixy (again post above) she might just be making some vocalization. Some huskies, like my boy, has this very low-toned voice. I call it "grumbling". That's not really a growl, it's just how they "talk" :)

ALSO a little about me

I am extremely hyper, I go go go all day. Sometimes, I wake up in the middle of the night and even stay up all night because I am excited to go go go again the next day. :D

So if I talk ALOT, it probably will get off track somewhere in China. I type almost as fast as I play piano.

Looks like you picked the right breed of dog then :lol: oh and about the getting off track in the middle of conversation thing? I believe you'll meet lots of likeminded people in here  :rolleyes:  :P  :lol:

Back, again! 

The girls have been very good, since. Cadence is doing well with food, slowly getting to know Dakota better. She tries to play with Dakota, run as much as her, and she is usually left behind. Luckily, Cadence has learnt to come, and she runs back to me when Dakota runs about. When I praise Cadence, Dakota picks up on her good behavior. All good things.

A bad thing is that since the incident I reported first and because Dakota plays like a big dog, Cadence has a red bump around her eye, and I am only slightly worried. It does not hurt her and her eye is normal. It is not sensitive to touch. I have used an icepack for a very short moment, and she was fine. 

Just want to make sure it is normal for dogs to get bumps, and that it is not a sign of something wrong with my puppy.

Thank you. 

Hey there Yulia glad to hear things are looking good :) I'm a paranoid, so if I see anything unusual on my dog that normal home remedies can't cure, I'd immediately pick up the phone and ask my vet. Does the ice pack work at all? If her eye is still swollen, I'd phone the vet. You know, just to be safe

Also, the bump around her eye has not changed. It is not bigger, it is not touch-sensitive and it has not changed colors or lost hair. I think it is just a big bump. (I hope...)

Just take her to the Vets! No point in in hoping for it to be okay when you can be given a diagnosis straight away by a Vet.