my pups poop

right this maybe a bit rank,

but im really worried about my pup, shes been with us for a week and a half and hasnt had a hard poo since we got her.

shes been wormed last week, that made it go solidish once, then we took her too the vets because her poo was just water and she was getting de-hydrated and got some medicine to settle her stomache.

so this made it go moosey but now its back to this :(

puppypoop.jpg

is this normal for the pup?

I'm gonna go with no. When mine had a week of this I made her some brown rice and raw chicken and it was back to normal within a day or two. been supplanting some of her kibble with various raw since then and she's been mostly great (except for a half a pound of peanut butter m&ms she got ahold of).

I would ask the vet to do a test for Giardia. Dakota had that when he was 8 weeks old and your pups symptoms seem the same as his was. Although it could be any number of things like his food or anything . If it does turn out to be Giardia be careful because people can get this parasite as well. But its very treatable with a weeks worth of meds. good luck I hope she gets better soon.

That is deff not normal blink.gif

Over feeding is normally the cause but I would ask the vet to do a poop test if you're still concerned.

I would starve for half a day with her being so young then feed a meal of boiled rice and a small bit of chicken - amount of rice i would give would be 2 tablespoons

man that looks familiar. both of my sibes have had this off and on since i got them in October. They are 5 months now and can have a fairly normal looking stool and the next time they go it looks like your picture. I wish I had an answer. They both had giardia when we brought them home and I have had them tested for it again because their poop just wasnt getting better. My Kona had A LOT of bad bacteria in her system the next visit, so they gave us these packets of powder to promote good bacteria growth. Those seemed to help. Also she recommended a tsp of plain yogurt, that can help. Now I am beginning to think it may just be their food. I am thinking of switching foods. I had them on TOTW and my boyfriend wanted to switch to Canidea so we tried that and they havent been the same since, so I would like to go back to TOTW. Good luck, I can understand what you are going through. It's hard when your puppy doesnt seem healthy.

man that looks familiar. both of my sibes have had this off and on since i got them in October. They are 5 months now and can have a fairly normal looking stool and the next time they go it looks like your picture. I wish I had an answer. They both had giardia when we brought them home and I have had them tested for it again because their poop just wasnt getting better. My Kona had A LOT of bad bacteria in her system the next visit, so they gave us these packets of powder to promote good bacteria growth. Those seemed to help. Also she recommended a tsp of plain yogurt, that can help. Now I am beginning to think it may just be their food. I am thinking of switching foods. I had them on TOTW and my boyfriend wanted to switch to Canidea so we tried that and they havent been the same since, so I would like to go back to TOTW. Good luck, I can understand what you are going through. It's hard when your puppy doesnt seem healthy.

yeh its a right bummer, espesh as she isnt potty trained yet!!

no not walks yet, i take her out in the garden at least 4 times aday.

hmm i dont think its over feeding as we weighed her, and looked at the scale on the back of the food box, altho now she dosnt eat her food

and something even more worrying is that at 6am in the morning she is sick,??!? this has happend 3 times now, all at 6am ?!

but then her poop seems ok in the morning, not fully solid but better than normal,

i will try feeding her less now,

or maybe wait untill tommorow afternoon, and give her some rice with chick??

im at a lost cause here because the stuff the vet gave us worked for about 1/2 a day then went back to jet poop

Smithys used to be like that when he was a pup, and sometimes even worse. We were feeding him kibble, he wasn't over eating because he used to leave his food for daysohmy.gif . We then got in touch with the breeder who suggested feeding him tinned meat dog food, and straight away he went solid. Now on the BARF diet he has no problems.smile.gif Even now we have to be careful about treats and what he eats...

shadow was like this from when we got him, he is 5 months old now and has gone through many weeks of having these runny poops, 3 weeks ago the vet gave us some paste stuff to give him over a course of 3 days and we also started feeding BARF and since then (touch wood) he has been fine, just make sure pup is getting enough water because he will be loosing alot through the poops, try feeding actimal (the good bacteria drink) or natural yoghurt,

just found out what it was the vet gave us, the name is pro-kolin+ its a bacteria paste that settles there stomach, go back to your vet if nothing is improving.

best of luck with the pup, keep us posted :)

shadow was like this from when we got him, he is 5 months old now and has gone through many weeks of having these runny poops, 3 weeks ago the vet gave us some paste stuff to give him over a course of 3 days and we also started feeding BARF and since then (touch wood) he has been fine, just make sure pup is getting enough water because he will be loosing alot through the poops, try feeding actimal (the good bacteria drink) or natural yoghurt,

just found out what it was the vet gave us, the name is pro-kolin+ its a bacteria paste that settles there stomach, go back to your vet if nothing is improving.

best of luck with the pup, keep us posted :)

yeh thats the past we got, seems to be doing the trick

right little update,

today she has not had a runny poop :)

been perfectly solid, she didnd to one last night, and in the morning it was perfect. i could pick it up in a bag for it to not leave a stain its that good :)

i think it was her food, she must hate that iams because we have started feeding hills science stuff, very expencive but the vets recomend it for there health. and she loved it soo much that when we mix the iams and hills science, trying to ween her off the iams she only eats the hills kibble and leavs the iams!!

Definitely not normal. You have to be carefull because to much diarea can stunt their growth.

2 things you may want to try.

1. Over the course of 3-5 days switch over to a food that is for dogs with loose stool. This can be easily got through your vet. Iams makes one and that is the one my vet suggested. Just relise it may take a week or more to work.

2. Cut out on the treats. Instead use a piece of the food. It works the same... especially if they like their food and it will help stabilize them.

Once Cloe is back to normal try slowly switching over to a food that is natural... You will have to feed less and they have less of a chance of diarea. If the veyt gives you the Iams Food that i mentioned above try switching to the Healthy Naturals Puppy Food. Its worked great. Jus make sure you slowy change over during a week.