New to Sibes :)

Tootz

Hi all

I was forwarded a link to this site by another forum member and im so glad ive been directed ot it! Im a soon-to-be husky owner and Im really excited.

I was at first looking at some siberian husky cross northern inuit pups but were discouraged on another forum for a few reasons (Only mum was available for viewing, vaccines not included and breeder didnt ask me any questions so seemed she didnt care about where the pup went). But I have now found a 16 week old boy sibe who I will hopefully be picking up this friday. The idea was to get him for my mum who has wanted a husky ever since I can remember. It was going to be an early xmas present and a complete surprise, but after some thinking I did decide to tell her last night about it. She couldnt stop smiling! She doesnt know when she's getting him though, so still a bit of a surprise for her :)

We have had other breeds of dogs, but never one as young as 4 months. Our last dog was an ex-raceing greyhound who was my dads special boy. He was a rescue greyhound and came from a very bad background, we only had him for a couple of years because he was fairly old when we got him. He was a very big dog and actually used to do hurdles aswell as racing. Now that he has passed away, we now have room for another member. Previous to him, we had a rottweiler/doberman cross, a sheltie and a labrador mix (who was as dappy as anything!)

Ive already learnt alot by browsing the forums! Ive actually just brought a crate for him, it's a 42" size - would this be big enough once he's fully grown? The pup is already crate and house trained so he would only be sleeping in it at night, and a few hours when there is no one in the house during the day. We also have 3 cats who are all fairly old, 10years +. They're not bothered by dogs, just wondering whether a 4 month old sibe could still be housed with cats and learn to live with them??

Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated. And once I get him, there will be lots of pics! :)

Hi, Sophie, welcome to the pack :wave:

Good for you doing your homework on huskies, you now know what to expect! :lol:

The crate will be fine, my 4 yr old has the same, had it since a pup & she's fine in it. As for the cats, some members have huskies & cats, but I think the majority would never leave them alone "just in case" even when brought up together, but they will let you know their stories when they come on line, personally I don't have a cat, you see :)

You will be bowled over with your new pack member, but we have strict rules on here, you MUST post some photo's of your puppy's welcome home!!! :D

Hi all

I was forwarded a link to this site by another forum member and im so glad ive been directed ot it! Im a soon-to-be husky owner and Im really excited.

I was at first looking at some siberian husky cross northern inuit pups but were discouraged on another forum for a few reasons (Only mum was available for viewing, vaccines not included and breeder didnt ask me any questions so seemed she didnt care about where the pup went). But I have now found a 16 week old boy sibe who I will hopefully be picking up this friday. The idea was to get him for my mum who has wanted a husky ever since I can remember. It was going to be an early xmas present and a complete surprise, but after some thinking I did decide to tell her last night about it. She couldnt stop smiling! She doesnt know when she's getting him though, so still a bit of a surprise for her smile.gif

We have had other breeds of dogs, but never one as young as 4 months. Our last dog was an ex-raceing greyhound who was my dads special boy. He was a rescue greyhound and came from a very bad background, we only had him for a couple of years because he was fairly old when we got him. He was a very big dog and actually used to do hurdles aswell as racing. Now that he has passed away, we now have room for another member. Previous to him, we had a rottweiler/doberman cross, a sheltie and a labrador mix (who was as dappy as anything!)

Ive already learnt alot by browsing the forums! Ive actually just brought a crate for him, it's a 42" size - would this be big enough once he's fully grown? The pup is already crate and house trained so he would only be sleeping in it at night, and a few hours when there is no one in the house during the day. We also have 3 cats who are all fairly old, 10years +. They're not bothered by dogs, just wondering whether a 4 month old sibe could still be housed with cats and learn to live with them??

Anymore advice would be greatly appreciated. And once I get him, there will be lots of pics! smile.gif

hey glad you decided to join!! thought i'd recommend it! no better place for a potential husky owner lol.

as long as the cats are ok with dogs then the pup should be fine with them, just never leave them alone together, a huskies prey drive is too strong for 100% trust! careful introductions are all thats needed :)

Good for you on doing your homework upfront. And, welcome to the pack. Of course, once you get your furever baby home, pictures will be expected.

• 3 weeks later...