New Intro from Alberta

Hello all,

My husband and I are first time husky owners, for lack of better word. Our babies are just over 17 months now. We have two female sibes, Ava and Brynn from the same litter. (Yep two female littermates was difficult at times, but we've worked through it). We live in Alberta and it is currently -27C with almost a foot dump of snow.

Well, we've had the girls since they were 7 weeks old and have not looked back since. They have been quite a challenge, and yes we researched about their "special" needs and characteristics, however experiencing those and reading about them are two separate things :) Huskies are definitely not for everyone, but they are for us.

Currently, we have a very picky eater. This has been on and off for the past year now, but I'll post this issue in a separate thread. Both girls are energetic, loving and gentle. We have done basic training and have worked with them from day two of their time with us. However, they still don't walk, they pull and we've tried everything except shock and choker collars. So now, we put their hiking packs on full of weight, put their pulling harnesses on and try keep up. They also go on the treadmill at least every other day for some good miles.

I look forward to connecting with other husky owners and getting insight to challenges we are having.

Thanks,

Candis

Welcome to the pack. Yes, we'd love to see some pics of your two girls. Our last Husky did not stop pulling until she was about 4 years old. We had a terrible time with trying to walk her. Zoya pulls when my wife takes her for a walk, but for me, she walks fine. Go figure.

hello and welcome to the pack

can you send your snow our way please as we all want some snow, we all want some fun in the snow with our husky's

i have a picky eater as well nut he is a grump as well he has the best name for him bear and he is a bear with a bad head at times lol

can we have some pic's of your babys in the snow please

• 3 weeks later...