Cctv Advice

sarahjng

Ok I need some advice,  over the past week I have had an apricot, an Apple and an egg thrown at my open back door ( just thankful the egg missed)  I have an idea it's one of my neighbours kids but as I haven't actually seen anyone, I can't make accusations so I'm looking to get a cheap one camera cctv,  something that will record constantly,  so if necessary I can go to the police.  ( the Apple missed my head and my flat screen tv by inches, ) 

Can anyone recommend something, don't want to walk into a shop and spend a fortune for something I will probably only need for a couple of weeks or months.

Maplins or Ebay

tons of cheap set ups on both :)

As usual depends on your budget

Looked on both,  problem is I have no idea what I'm looking for LOL,  did see one that says it will record constantly instead of motion activated, that might be best, guess I better do more research, thanks guys

I used to work for a security company that sold stuff like what you want - but on a bigger scale- i can ask friends from there what's best and cheep if you want x

I used to work for a security company that sold stuff like what you want - but on a bigger scale- i can ask friends from there what's best and cheep if you want x

Your a star, yes please,  spoke to a couple of my neighbours today, he's had stuff chucked as well,  when his kids were playing by the back door ( their both under 3)  so this is getting serious,   

Call the police.

They can send round a couple of bycicle cops to have a chat and ride around and monitor the area.

Your a star, yes please, spoke to a couple of my neighbours today, he's had stuff chucked as well, when his kids were playing by the back door ( their both under 3) so this is getting serious,

Will ring them tomorrow and let you know x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

The only one I have used is this

http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-4-channel-securix-h.264-network-dvr--4x-ccd-cameras-and-iphone-app-477048

It can be set up for motion detection or continuous recording and I have an app on my android phone so I can check in on the system when away

Call the police.

They can send round a couple of bycicle cops to have a chat and ride around and monitor the area.

Spoke to our local beat copper, his advice was to get the cctv as they can't do anything unless we know who the culprit is,  as for monitoring the area,  don't think that's going to happen,  seriously overstretched and understaffed round here, due to  "restructuring"

My son works for Maplin, I'll ask him

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Thank you !

Will ring them tomorrow and let you know x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Not proud, will take advice from anywhere lol

http://www.maplin.co.uk/500gb-4-channel-securix-h.264-network-dvr--4x-ccd-cameras-and-iphone-app-477048

It can be set up for motion detection or continuous recording and I have an app on my android phone so I can check in on the system when away

Will take a look,  thank you

Been looking at one of these myself Lee supposed to be very good hope they do it without the cameras I already got 3 that I used to run though the comp on a DVR card which wont work now since I got a 64bit computer :(

Been looking at one of these myself Lee supposed to be very good hope they do it without the cameras I already got 3 that I used to run though the comp on a DVR card which wont work now since I got a 64bit computer :(

No fair !  Dunc said 64 bit, I'm telling ! Lol saying that is like speaking a foreign language, and I'm not going to ask what that means,  I think the answer would just confuse me more 

No fair !  Dunc said 64 bit, I'm telling ! Lol saying that is like speaking a foreign language, and I'm not going to ask what that means,  I think the answer would just confuse me more 

LOL I could explain but it would be just more technobabble. :)

Note I quoted it to a man  :rolleyes:

Note I quoted it to a man  :rolleyes:

Yeah, but some men prefer to knit.. . . . :erm: