does your husky hide under everything?

wasp

hope i don't get annoying with my questions.

does your husky hide under everything? we bought her a bed that she lays on every night. as soon as the light goes out you can hear her get up and go and climb under out bed to sleep. she lays down and hangs out under the kitchen table. she crawls under the coffee table while we're watching tv. if i pull her up on the couch she gets down to go back under the table. this dog LOVES hiding under things. this is probably normal for most of you eh?

Elke, our last Husky slept every night under our bed. She would lay under the coffee table in the family room in the evenings, and during the day, we'd often find her behind the sofa in the living room. I think some Huskies simply like to be in a "den" environment. Don't know that it's normal, nor abnormal. I think it depends on the Husky. Zoya, our current Husky only likes to dig holes and get down to the bottom of them. Other than that, she's in the middle grabbing attention all the time.

Those plastic igloos do look good - not sure if they're husky proof though - she may decorate it to her liking by adding a few chew maks to it but all adds to the rustic feel lol

My boys dont seem to hide much at all, they're in their crate every night and love it but other than that would rather be squishing me on the sofa or sprawled out in the middle of the floor so that you have to walk round / over them lol

our 2 have a create each which is theirs and thats it. We lately covered the top of them with dark blankets and they love them even more. It is the den inviroment that they love. We also have a terrier which bed hopes and will try to get into the creates but Dakota will not let her even near the door of hers. We also took the door of so as not to make them ever confind to it and never ever use the creat as a punishment place or you ruin it for them.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine does that too. She used to lay on the AC vents in the summer, but now that its cooler she hides under the kitchen table or lays under the coffee table if she wants to be close to us. LOL sometimes she lays by the sofa and sticks her head under it and starts talking. She has a crate she sleeps in every night and she ges into that sometimes during the day, and she goes into it when she gets tired every night. Shes laying under the computer chair right now lol.

• 3 weeks later...

Aloha,

My sibe is the same way, we have a crate, bed, and all that good stuff... ut when she is tired she prefers to hide in the bathroom under the cabinet or in a closet and I once found her under a dresser... I have pictures in my gallery of her in her favorite places to sleep, I also find that she prefers to sleep on a cold floor beause it keeps her cooler at nigt. Like other replies state it is because siberians like to be in a den style environment is the reason that they would prefer to sleep under something it also serves as a type of protection.

Pongo likes to go under our legs when we're sitting on the couch and he will not eat from his food bowl unless he's half in his cage laugh.gif I think it's the instinct of being in a den that does it. So cute though. When he was a pup he squeezed his butt under everything lol. There's a pic in the gallery of this.

• 2 weeks later...

Our 3 year old male sleeps under our baby's crib and our 8 week old female sleeps under anything she can get under. She gets under the baby's crib, playpen, and exersaucer. She also love sleeping under our legs when we're sitting on the couch. She tries to curl up with our male but he isn't having any of it.

I'm realizing this is just normal for the.

• 6 months later...

Misha loves to sleep underneath the kitchen table, and she would also crawl under the sofa and hang out; stick her nose out and bark at the other girls and sneak back under. Now she's too big to fit under there.

hope i don't get annoying with my questions.

does your husky hide under everything? we bought her a bed that she lays on every night. as soon as the light goes out you can hear her get up and go and climb under out bed to sleep. she lays down and hangs out under the kitchen table. she crawls under the coffee table while we're watching tv. if i pull her up on the couch she gets down to go back under the table. this dog LOVES hiding under things. this is probably normal for most of you eh?

Akira dosnt hide under anything. She likes to go in her kennel though with a blanket over it. I agree with the others your pup probably likes to feel like shes in a den :) some times i wish Akira would hide under things instead of thinking she is a little dog and always wanting to lay on top of the couch by our heads :blink: lol.