Need Help Training My Pup!

I have an 11 month old min pin/dachshund mix named Lily and she takes to training really well. There's just a couple problems I'm having with her. I bring her to work almost every day. The only issue with that is that she likes to bother everyone while they're eating. If someone in the office has food, she stands up next to their chair and paws at them begging for food. She refuses to get out of their face. I try telling her no and nudging her but she won't stop. How can I fix this? Lily needs to learn her doggy manners, especially since she comes to work all the time!

Her other issue is barking all the time! If we go out for walks or even in the car she will bark at every person or dog that she sees! It's just really annoying more than anything else. Any advice for this also?

Thanks everyone!

Has anybody in the office ever fed her before?

Suka comes to my Dad's office as well. He used to be really bad with the begging when staff would slip him food, but I ripped my Dad a new one, who then ripped his staff new ones. They don't feed him anymore. Eventually he stopped with the excessive bugging and begging, but it took awhile.

I found it helped wearing my walking belt, and keep on on a short leash so he would be constantly attached to me. When I would stop for lunch, I'd tie him to a table leg (still in the room so he doesn't freak out, but far enough away he doesn't bother begging.). Yes, I did look stupid wearing the belt, but it would have been even worse if he "mauled" one of my Dad's clients whenever he has them over for lunch. 

The thing is...if somebody gives in even one time, you are back to square one. You have to train people just as much as you have to train the animal...

Well, she is a dachshund, and a teenager at that. I would work on corralling her barking rather than stopping it. Doing things like giving her a job that gives her an outlet and a command for barking may help. Even the persistence is a breed trait. Maybe bring a crate and start crating her while there is food out.

Has anybody in the office ever fed her before?

Suka comes to my Dad's office as well. He used to be really bad with the begging when staff would slip him food, but I ripped my Dad a new one, who then ripped his staff new ones. They don't feed him anymore. Eventually he stopped with the excessive bugging and begging, but it took awhile.

I found it helped wearing my walking belt, and keep on on a short leash so he would be constantly attached to me. When I would stop for lunch, I'd tie him to a table leg (still in the room so he doesn't freak out, but far enough away he doesn't bother begging.). Yes, I did look stupid wearing the belt, but it would have been even worse if he "mauled" one of my Dad's clients whenever he has them over for lunch. 

The thing is...if somebody gives in even one time, you are back to square one. You have to train people just as much as you have to train the animal...

People are ALWAYS giving her food! I already ripped them all a new one for not asking before feeding her....so at least now they do that. She knows to sit before she's supposed to receive food so maybe it would help having them tell her to sit? I dunno! I suppose I'll just have to tell them not to feed her! 

Well, she is a dachshund, and a teenager at that. I would work on corralling her barking rather than stopping it. Doing things like giving her a job that gives her an outlet and a command for barking may help. Even the persistence is a breed trait. Maybe bring a crate and start crating her while there is food out.

She does have a travel crate so maybe I should bring it to work with me. That's a good suggestion too, thanks!

People are ALWAYS giving her food! I already ripped them all a new one for not asking before feeding her....so at least now they do that. She knows to sit before she's supposed to receive food so maybe it would help having them tell her to sit? I dunno! I suppose I'll just have to tell them not to feed her! 

That didn't work for us - even though people made Suka sit. He eventually learned that if he's a brat he'll get a treat to go away - which just made his behaviour worse....he would headbutt people for food, barking, and demanding it!! That's when I stepped in with the walking belt thing.

I'd like to note that today she stole a burrito off a coworker's desk. GREAT! I felt bad, but my coworker laughed it off. I'm gonna have to keep her on a leash while food is out. Little brat!!! Aaahhhh!!!! Her other issue is she tries to chew through the leash. She's a little monster lol