Help Please?

mydiamond

so I wrote a short story back when I was in 8th grade and protected the file with a password. Needless to say, I forgot what's the password now x__x I need the story now so can anyone help? :( I browsed the net and found that "I am in luck" since I used Tools--Protect Document. They say I can just open a new document, click insert-file and insert the contents of the password-protected file to the new doc but I can't seem to find any "file" option on my "insert" bar  :wacko: I'm on MSWord 2011. Help please? 

Send it to Marc anyway.

He'll tinker with it and see what he can do :up:

alrighty then :) now since I can't figure out how to tag, I'll quote him... XD

Send it me. I will remove the password for you if its in 2003 format Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

can I have your email address, Marc?

alrighty then :) now since I can't figure out how to tag, I'll quote him... XD

can I have your email address, Marc?

Its all gonna depend on the format of the file. If its 2010 you are gonna be lucky if you can get the data back, if 2003 its simple. Reason is because of the algorhythms that are used to encrypt data are a lot more complex from 2007 upwards. In any case have sent you my email address and will certainly have a go at it.