ANNOUNCE - Forum - final move

Marc

Forum - final move

OK the time has come for the big move of the forum.

First of all I was considering giving it a little more time and waiting maybe to mid next week, however I feel we are only postponing the enevitable and the quicker we move over, the quicker we can sort any issues we hit and since its a weekend I will have the time to spend on sorting them.

Moving forum software will be a big change for many (obviously unless you are a member of a site with the same software). I ask you to bare with me and I will address any problems you might have. Most of these are likely to simply be a case of pointing people in the right direction, however between myself and sarah we will start to get some tutorials together for people in areas that we find people struggling with.

So far we have recieved very possitive feedback on the change, howver I do also encourage people to give me CONSTRUCTIVE feedback of things in which they find to be a problem. Some of them may be "you have to get used to it" however some of these I may be able to change for the better of the forum. It has been 12 month at least to get to this point on the current software. The new software will be no different and will take time to perfect (although not 12 month worth LOL) ...

I am not going to give a set time .... At some point tonight/tomorrow you will see the forum has been switched offline. The next time you see it, we will be fully migrated to the new version.

OH SOME GOOD NEWS

I am personally doing the migration myself rather than getting the company themselves to migrate our data. The beauty of this is rather than the 24-48 hour downtime Ihad anticipating, I should be able to get the move somewhat complete (at least so you can all post) within 1-2 hours. Dont say I never help out you addicts LOL