Turned down for rescue dog!! Gutted

Guest snowdog

Guest snowdog

HI GUYS, I APPLIED TO ADOPT AN 18 MONTH OLD MALE EX STUD HUSKAMUTE CALLED ICE

Ice-Huskamute-01-10-09b_1_.jpg

THEY EMAILED TO DAY TO SAY AS WE HAVE TWO UN SPAYED SIBES THEY COULD NOT ACCEPT OUR APPLICATION, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE STATED WE ARE HAVING NEEKO SPAYED ASAP, AND THE DOG ICE IS CASTRATED, BUT TO MY SADNESS THEY SIAD THEY HAVE POLICY TO FOLLOW,SHAME AS HED HAVE HAD A 4 EVER HOME, BUT I GUESS ITS NOT MEANT TO BE, ANY HOW, WILL ANYONE LET ME KNOW IF THEY KNOW OF A REPUTABLE BREEDER WHO HAS ANY UP COMING LITTERS, I DO NOT WANT TO PUT A NAME DOWN AND NOT SEE THE PUPS THOUGH, I WILL WANT T SEE PICTURES AND A VIEWING ALSO, LATE NOV DEC TIME IS BEST AS WE WILL HAVE HOPEFULLY FINISHE OUR EXTENSIN OF THE DOG AREA, THANKS GUYS XX

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah no what a shame!!! i would apply for him but also wouldnt get thru as kiras unspayed and we cant afford his fee AND spaying costs :confused: its no wonder there are so many in rescue, they're so strict... what about the female tho??

Guest snowdog

Shes go issues withe being left alone and i work part time, although my mom and dad pop in, i think the girl needs 24/7 to start off with just cant do it, ive emailed the rescue place to appeal but i dont think it will work,:-( probably think im a mad woman who wont take no 4 an answer, lol

Guest snowdog

o.m.gooooosh, just phoned a chappie form pets4homes he has a pure white sibey babe kc , with silvergrey eyes, heeees so cute, hes keeping him for us til friday til we can go and see him topput deposit down, took three phone calls to convince him to wait till friday but in the end he gave in yipeeeeeeee xx he is on the first page of pets 4homes

Guest snowdog

thanks sarah, just gutted to beturned down, but check out my other thread, of my little soon to be snowball, o.m.god why have i named him i havnt even been to see him yet.xxxx

:icon9: Aww how gutting on the rehome!! but at least you know you made an offer of a loving forever home but is such a shame they turned you down. Addded to Rep for making an offer for a loving forever home and really hope Ice finds a good home!!

Good luck with the pup cant wait to see pics and hear all about your new furbaby :D

Guest snowdog

:icon9: Aww how gutting on the rehome!! but at least you know you made an offer of a loving forever home but is such a shame they turned you down. Addded to Rep for making an offer for a loving forever home and really hope Ice finds a good home!!

Good luck with the pup cant wait to see pics and hear all about your new furbaby :D

thankyou, gutted twice, phoned a chappie with an all white kc pup, that ticked all boxes, asked him to wait on taking deposits till friday as my hubby on nights, he said he would know i shouldnt but told kids, named him snowball, was deffo having him no doubt, and hes phoned and said hes had to let him go, kids devestated and that my fault for telling them, :-(

Snowdog, don't be in too much of a hurry to get a pup. Focus more on finding a breeder that you like, and have a good rapport with, even if they don't have puppies right at this moment. This is one good reason why getting involved in your local breed club is a great idea because you can meet breeders and their dogs and find ones that you like and whose dogs you like too.

If you are after a rescue dog, why not contact the Siberian Husky Welfare Club and go from there?

i agree with bec, yur rushing into it without thinking, and getting kids involved aswell isnt good, what would you have done if you'd have gone to see the pup on friday and it had been severly ill?? then if you'd have walked away your kids would have blamed you, not the man.

i rushed into getting kira, and as a result i got an unsocalised, possibly abused pup who was terrified of us at 1st and full of worms and i didnt know her history, obviously i wouldnt change her for the world and she's no longer shy but the socilisation with other dogs is something we're gunna be working on for a long time, and in hindsight i could have done things different, but like you i was impatient and excited, but it was my 1st pup.

there's rallies goin on now why not go and talk to some of the people who race teams, see if they have any litters planned, or get to know a breeder, its a longer process but you can get to know the breeder quite well, get updates, meet the pup and mum a few times...

or try the breed specific rescue

Guest snowdog

hey guys, update, i have heard really good reports about dreamwishers, and looked on their website, really good, such lovely loking pus, and the lady is lovely, i am going to see them tomorow , kc 5 gen, mum and dad available to see, and ive heard really good reports, just didnt know they had a litter , then a freind emailed me the link and there they were most of them reserved but luckily for me two white bitches left, love white huskies, just looking up at the above post at a beautifuuuuul white sibey babe now, so once again ppl, paws crossed and watch this space, wahooooooooooo xx

whats good also is they are only located just a few miles down the road, so we get to see the pup a lot so we can bond from very early and also, we can just pop in to see the breeder, and keep in touch so this has really put my mind at rest, i think it all fell through for a reason with the other fluffy bundles, just till we have the right one, and i hope tomorow will be the right pup xx

Hi Snowdog,

I'm so happy for you, hopefully everything will work out in the end. I'm sorry you've had heart ache from the rescue & the other chap but this maybe third time lucky :)

All the very best of luck in your adventure to find your new furbaby :) xxx

For heavens sake don't buy because they have good website, look past it and see how many pups they have bred in such a short time, don't rush out and buy a pup cos you didnt get the first two, we have got some issues with dreamwisher and have contacted the kc regarding them, dont buy from bloody free add epupz etc, I have never seen anyone get anything but grief pups they have bought there,

we have 4 10 week old pups in

send me a contact numbers

terry

Have a look at this site. It tells you how to suss out a breeder from their website. Lots of appalling breeders have flash websites (not surprising with the money they are making!!).

http://www.kaylenbergsiberians.com/BreedersOnline.htm

(Please note it is a US site, so you may need to anglicise certain aspects)

Mick

We looked at a rescue from Norfolk RSPCA and because Kiana isn't speyed we were turned down on 'policy', even though the dog we wanted to rescue was neutered.

It seems criteria for rescue dogs is extremely strict, which part of me feels angry at, mainly because i know i could give a sibe a good forever home, but then again I also feel that many dogs have probably been rehomed and then been rescued again due to rehomers not knowing what they are doing. I suppose that's why the rules are set in stone and rescue centres don't deviate from that.

Steve

Guest snowdog

For heavens sake don't buy because they have good website, look past it and see how many pups they have bred in such a short time, don't rush out and buy a pup cos you didnt get the first two, we have got some issues with dreamwisher and have contacted the kc regarding them, dont buy from bloody free add epupz etc, I have never seen anyone get anything but grief pups they have bought there,

we have 4 10 week old pups in

send me a contact numbers

terry

Thankyou terry but we are looking to put a deposit down now, and collect in december as we are in the middle of extending our sibes area, so couldnt afford to pay for a pup in full yet as we are spending all or money on the sibes excersize area, should be 70 foot by 30 foot when done so big area, costly, so we couldnt afford to buy a pup at the moment only the deposit, then we have few weeks left after renevating the area to get money together to pay in full, thankyou for your offer though its very nice of you,x

Look at how many pups they have bred in a short time. We also know of a breeder that has some stunning pups and have done it properly. I looked at some if the pedigrees On dreamwisher and and lot are too closely bred. This litter is 3/4 weeks old and they have another litter due in december, sorry huge alarm bells ringing,

terry