My night

So I've been at work tonight and one of my guy friends comes in and mentions he saw 3 puppies dumped at a gas station. I automatically freak out and send the boyfriend to go get them.

They were gone when he got there. Then ironically the girl who cuts my hair posts a pic of them and says she needs to take them somewhere.

So End of the story I am now taking care of three pit mixed pups. Hopefully we can find good homes go them. They're full of worms so I'm taking them straight to the vet in the am. :(

[ATTACH]63667[/ATTACH]

post-7406-13586080904462_thumb.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks y'all! Look like a very sleepless night for me. You know all of you wouldve done the same haha. Josh has convinced me to keep one so looks like I'm getting my second dog he's just not a husky haha.

Meet the Trio

[ATTACH]63670[/ATTACH]

Knox (only boy)

[ATTACH]63671[/ATTACH]

Midnight (girl)

[ATTACH]63672[/ATTACH]

Bella (girl)

They're playful now not so skittish. But good lord so full of worms :( never seen it this bad

I'm not sure what they're mixed with they all look different

post-7406-13586080907546_thumb.jpg

post-7406-1358608090844_thumb.jpg

post-7406-13586080909318_thumb.jpg

Haha I will not have four dogs!!

Josh wants to keep Knox I'm kind of partial to all of them so it's best I don't pick or we really will wind up with 4!! Lol I never wanted a girl but they're so sweet. Like I said I love them all lol

Luka is so curious he wants to play with them so he can't be around them right now

Haha I will not have four dogs!!

Josh wants to keep Knox I'm kind of partial to all of them so it's best I don't pick or we really will wind up with 4!! Lol I never wanted a girl but they're so sweet. Like I said I love them all lol

Luka is so curious he wants to play with them so he can't be around them right now

How are they getting on? Did the vet have any idea how old they are?

The vet thinks they're 8-10 weeks. Overall they're healthy they're just full of worms and really underweight.

We dewormed them all and went ahead and have Knox his first set of shots because we're officially keeping him. :)

Our family friend is taking Bella the little brindle girl. They go to the same vet as us so she's going to get her shots Monday! Yay!

We just need a home for the little black one. We will keep her as long as we need to though.

It seems like some BYB, when they couldn't sell the others, abandoned them. :(

But that's great you're keeping Knox and your friend is snatching up Bella! :)

How is Luka with male dogs? I'm just asking cause I know Suka doesn't get along with male dogs very well, so if I was allowed to get another dog then I would get a female so they don't fight all the time.

I'd try to put the black one up on Kijiji or another pet trading site. Say that you found her off of the street, and she's free to a good home...you just want to meet them first and/or do a house inspection if they're close. Alternatively, you can put her in the shelter when she's just a 'little' older...but I'm not sure how full your shelters are or how often they euthanize dogs (but, usually, pups go pretty quick!)

It seems like some BYB, when they couldn't sell the others, abandoned them. :(

But that's great you're keeping Knox and your friend is snatching up Bella! :)

How is Luka with male dogs? I'm just asking cause I know Suka doesn't get along with male dogs very well, so if I was allowed to get another dog then I would get a female so they don't fight all the time.

I'd try to put the black one up on Kijiji or another pet trading site. Say that you found her off of the street, and she's free to a good home...you just want to meet them first and/or do a house inspection if they're close. Alternatively, you can put her in the shelter when she's just a 'little' older...but I'm not sure how full your shelters are or how often they euthanize dogs (but, usually, pups go pretty quick!)

Luka likes everyone. He's not male aggressive at all. He likes all of them but he is too big to play with them right now haha. He's really only been around male dogs. He was also neutered at 7 months old so that helped.

All of our shelters are kill heaters so I'm not really interested in that. I've talked to local rescues so we will see. I'm just so nervous about adopting to a stranger because I've already put so much into these puppies I couldn't stand for them to go back to how they were found. Exp. since they are a pitbull mix

[MENTION=6386]emma1979[/MENTION]

Thanks. 8-10 weeks is much better than I'd feared they may be. Great news that 2 have homes already (must say I did like Bella!) haven't got any Pitt experience but I have a Staffordshire bull terrier and they truly are people lovers. In the right hands hands they can be amazing pets. Congratulations on your new addition! X

The vet thinks they're 8-10 weeks. Overall they're healthy they're just full of worms and really underweight.

<< snipped >>

We just need a home for the little black one. We will keep her as long as we need to though.

At least the << oops, can't say that! >> had the decency to wait til they had a chance of getting by. I'd still like a word or two with him!

Well, okay, you won't have four - good on your friend - you'll just have three total. Have you introduced Luka and the little ones??

At least the << oops, can't say that! >> had the decency to wait til they had a chance of getting by. I'd still like a word or two with him!

Well, okay, you won't have four - good on your friend - you'll just have three total. Have you introduced Luka and the little ones??

I have nothing forum appropriate to say about the person who dumped year babies. We will just leave it that I am MAD.

Haha I know. It's weird having someone besides Luka around. Yes he's very curious. He's def jealous and likes to lay all over me so everyone knows he owns me. He likes when the pups give him kisses though lol. He wants to play with them so bad but they're too little still. Knox only weighs 4 lbs... Poor little guy.

Btw the dewormer is working and it's making me nauseous. Lol

When I came out here to west Texas, I had Misty and 6 pups about 10 weeks old. Their mother took off about two weeks after I got here, she was about the worlds wort mother to begin with ... found out that she'd made herself a home at another place here. Misty had a ball with the pups, they'd gather 'round her and she'd roll them over, then they'd come back for more - which she was happy to give. Dogs seem to have the idea that puppies are just puppies (( it's called "puppy license" )) and they'll let the little ones get away with bloody murder till about the time they're three months old or so, then they better behave!

When I came out here to west Texas, I had Misty and 6 pups about 10 weeks old. Their mother took off about two weeks after I got here, she was about the worlds wort mother to begin with ... found out that she'd made herself a home at another place here. Misty had a ball with the pups, they'd gather 'round her and she'd roll them over, then they'd come back for more - which she was happy to give. Dogs seem to have the idea that puppies are just puppies (( it's called "puppy license" )) and they'll let the little ones get away with bloody murder till about the time they're three months old or so, then they better behave!

I think I just worry luka will hurt them. I probably need to loosen up.