new breed of dog

davidjk

What a tosser. It's a mongrel not a new breed of dog - to use his words:

...I do not have a clue what it will turn out like.

Wonder what happens if it doesn't carry any of the traits he is looking for? (which is far more likely than the pup being a perfect combination of both breeds).

I know many people who do Schutzhund and train security/police dogs, there is no way they'd cross these two breeds nor buy a mongrel instead of a proven working dog.

And what does he mean by "it's the first dog of its kind that has lived this long"? How on earth would he know.

What a tosser. It's a mongrel not a new breed of dog

And what does he mean by "it's the first dog of its kind that has lived this long"? How on earth would he know.

There have been loads of these dodgy crossbreeds advertised on E-Pupz over the years. They didn't seem to have a problem with survival. Moron!!!

Mick

i know this bloke, he comes in and does seminars at college, his dogs are amazing lol, so well trained. i doubt something mixed with a husky will do well in security tho :confused: we all know they'd just lick you to death lol. and i think i know the owner of tikanni aswell lol

i know this bloke, he comes in and does seminars at college, his dogs are amazing lol, so well trained. l

He may know his security work, but he knows knob-all about breeding or huskies. Absolute idiot!

He says, "They (huskies) have very muscular legs, but the Malinois legs are very fine!"

If his Malinois legs are fine, they are crap Malinois - this is how they should be - not fine at all:

belgian_malinois1.jpg

Just another idiot trying to make a quick buck!

Mick

lol i doubt he's gunna sell them, i think he breeds and trains his own dogs for his K9 unit and the police. i dunno maybe he will. but if they dont succeed like he wants them too i dont reckon he'll breed them anymore... but who knows??

I read the article, and all I can add, is to confirm the guy is an idiot, a moron, incapable of absorbing knowledge, and most certainly no better than a backyard breeder.

I read the article, and all I can add, is to confirm the guy is an idiot, a moron, incapable of absorbing knowledge, and most certainly no better than a backyard breeder.

yup - totally agree.

I wonder how much background reading - if any - was done on the breeds and the lines of each dog?

OMG! What are people trying to do exactly? Why would you purposely breed 2 different dogs together and suddenly call it a NEW breed. I thought that only happens in hawaii? Apparently not. Pretty soon alot of really great breeds wont exist because people are so stuck on trying to make money. Yikes!

if he wants more athletic muscular malinois, then he should pick the most athletic, muscular MALINOIS and breed THEM together. Eventually, he'll end up with what he wants. He's choosing a lazy way out of selective breeding.

He wants a Malinois, not a husky. I'm pretty sure a husky would be horrible at security work.

I think the REAL reason he did that is so he could say he was the first to breed the two together and have a live pup.

I dont think he ever really intended to make the "ultimate" security dog. Thats a load of bull on his part.

That's the dumbest thing ever

OMG! What are people trying to do exactly? Why would you purposely breed 2 different dogs together and suddenly call it a NEW breed. I thought that only happens in hawaii? Apparently not. Pretty soon alot of really great breeds wont exist because people are so stuck on trying to make money. Yikes!

Haha...only in Hawaii...Nice Erika...You do see alot of cross breeds and people making them out to be new breeds. Our baby Keoshi is a Doxie/pom mix and people are calling him a damerainian or something of the sorts. And we got him here in Hawaii Dec 07.

So I don't know what this guy is saying it's the only one to live that long..mix breeds live all the time. We had a boxer/boder collie mix one time and she lived many years.

Well hopefully if the pup doesn't have the qualities he's looking for the pup will still have a good home and not be harmed.

I think the guy's an idiot and his breeding isn't right but i am curious to see how the pup looks as it grows.

If they want a great security dog why don't they just use the ones that are already great for security like GSD or something like that, that way they wouldn't be cross breeding.. It would be like saying my Dakota is a great guard dog because he is mixed with Akita. He might be half Akita but he is certainly not a good guard dog in any way. I agree its just a ploy to get money and attention...someone should tell him his 15 minutes are way up...