New Here

Hello everyone,

First time posting

I have a Labrador male nearly 4 years Zues

and a Female Sibe Jess

I am guilty of spoiling them

Zues was never allowed to stay in over night (Hubby rule) anyhow since my Sibe is totally trained I got around it... all was going well until

He started ppping all over my walls ...

Can anyone tell me can I train him out've this or is he to old and has to be outside?

Oh I have a baby boy arriving this week Sibe named Harley can't wait is already house trained right down to a cat tray! :grinning-smiley-003

Maybe I started at the wrong time to as Jess is just starting her heat season I dunno

I'd like to sort've do a sled operation so I can walk my dogs as I'm disabled ... my son will still come with me

Thanks all and Hello

Clowningfree

Hi, Clowningfree, welcome on board :wave:

Sounds like he is marking his new territory, but I, like the previous posters, don't have experience of it so I can't offer advice, sorry :o but there will be plenty more members along who will have some advice for you to try & resolve the issue. At 5, I wouldn't say he is too old to learn, it's just a case of finding the right way to go about it.

Good luck with this, please post some pics of your pack & good luck with Harley arriving this week, let us know how he settles in & post some pics of him, too

Hiya and Welcome Clowningfree.

My boy has always been inside, but he did at one point have a problem with this. It turned out that previous homeowners had a pet who'd had accidents inside and Bo was marking over it's smell....any chance this is what is happening? Something to consider.

I believe that no dog is too old to housebreak. We have a seven year old lab/rottie cross that was outdoors all the time up until a year ago. He has quickly learned that he must not relieve himself inside. We monitored his water intake after a specific time at night, even going so far as putting it up where he couldn't have any more. Then it was walky, walky until he'd gone just before bed. We also found that if we weren't up by 5:30 a.m. to let him out, there would be a puddle in the basement. In the past eight months, we no longer have to move the water or continue our walks until he's empty, nor get up so early! It can be done - just takes patience.

Good luck!