Newb from Kentucky

Hock

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya, Hock, welcome to the forum :wave:

kudos for doing your research, you have to be well informed of all their 'lovely' ways!! Ask anything on here, we'll all do our best to answer you ... and when you get your new furbaby, please post loads of pics!

Hope the move goes ok for you, xx

Welcome and I have to agree that it's great you're doing your research first! With an owner who is willing to learn about their ways, a husky will do well. Have a look around - we've threads on just about everything husky and members are always willing to share their knowledge.

Looking forward to seeing your new little bundle when you get it!

Again, ty for the warm welcome =D I do have one question that relates to coloring. I've noticed that all black & white pups have the Husky "goggles" and I've never seen any that have the open mask like the adults do. I'm assuming the goggles fade over time as they mature, this right? I've looked at the huskycolors website and from what i could tell, this is the case but just curious.

Anyways, i prolly should have done this in my first post but heres alittle more about me. I love watching and playing basketball. UNC Tarheels are my fav team. I recently got into the hobbie of playing Frisbee Golf. Pretty inexpensive yet fun. I can draw really well but dont do it that often. Like any other young guy, i love video games as well lol. Recent pets i've owned have all been the scalely kind. I've owned 3 diff species of monitor lizards, the largest of which i owned was a 5ft male. I'll have to post some pics of each one when i get home. They were a real joy to have and I would honestly say they are the Husky of the reptile world. As for other pets, I grew up on a farm so we've owned everything from deers to buffalos so i have plenty of experience taking care of animals, they just werent usually mine, lol

Hehe, yeah, when we would cut hay we would sometimes find fawns and occasionally raise them. The Buffalos where my dads project, he was trying to breed a white one but it never happened. As for the pics of my monitors i had in the past, here they are:

Critter (Savannah Monitor)

critterintub.jpg

critterondesk.jpg

Gigan (Blackthroat Monitor)

IMAG0009.jpg

walking.jpg

Apollo (Whitethroat Monitor)

dfbe4ce8.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

DSC01781.jpg

DSC01804.jpg

lol, yeah, i figured with something that requires so much responsibility I owe it to the dog to do my research and make sure I am prepared so our lives together are that much mroe enjoyable. As for what I plan on naming it, since i'm leaning towards getting a male I've chosen the name "Kaien" pronouced Kai-Inn. The other names i had in mind were Darion & Dante but they didnt seem to fit as well.