advice please

could i ask some non husky related advice a friends dog has black tarry runny stools once late last night she was also sick an hour after eating i suggested she starve do for 24 hours which she is doing but today they have come home to find blood in the dogs stools as well as it still being tarry we are going to take her to the vets this evening , the dog is 7 years old seems fine in herself hasnt eaten anything she should that we know of. any ideas what could cause this ?

vet said it looks like a bowel infection so she is on antibiotics and see how if she gets worse to go straight back so i am fostering her for a few days as im home all day and can keep an eye on her xx

we ar egoing back to the vets as she is getting worse shes not even keeping water down im so scared never been in a position like this before

Just got home vets have kept her in go do an ultra sound take bloods give her a jab to stop her being sick and to give her fluids and we have to collect her at 8 am in the morning and take her to our vets xx

Yeh we are doing the first one was a locum vet and she is now at emergency vets when I pick her up at 8 she's going to see my usual xx

hi all just to let you know pup is now home and happier to the point she is wagging her tail again, turns out she had a case of gastroenteritis vets advised we put her on chicken and rice for a few days and have given her some more antibiotics shes going to go back to her mummy this evening because shes missing her boyfriend lol but ill be popping round every lunch time to feed them. xx