Our little family

Hi everyone, i have been a member for a while now but never written an introduction so thought i'd better lol.

Well where do i start, i'm 18 years old from Tasmania, me and my partner always wanted a malamute or husky, we decided a husky. we got our little man in August 09 and absolutley love him to death.

We named him Storm because we got him from a almost deserted part of Tassie called Storm Lea, his mothers name was Kiska and his dad Yukon, he was the 5th born out of 6 and has 3 sisters 2 brothers.

His mother is Caramel and white and his father is wolf coloured, so Storm ended up wolf coloured with a caramel tinge. His mother and father both have blue eyes but Storm has brown.

Storm was born Monday June 30, 2008 at 6:47pm.

My partner and i did a lot of research before we got him so we knew they were a medium-high maintainence dog, during the "weening" period (leaving him at home by himself) he tore up the carpet at our front door, bedroom door and the vinal in our bathroom, very destructive little man but that was all part and parcel of owning an extremely dependent sibe with really bad separation anxiety!!! and if we had to do it again (which we plan to) i would.

He is now a healthy 16month old, he has ran away about 10 times but always ended up just down the road, has been to 2 dog shows, (3 this weekend) he has a first place ribbon in "Hobarts best kept puppy" that he won at 5 months old, and has been hit by one car:( but was fine, thank god!!!! well i could go on forever but i better not, if anyone would like to know anyore about Storm then just message me, hopefully i'll be writing soon about a second edition to the family when we get Storm a girlfriend:)

Nice to meet you and Storm. When i used to live further up country my two used to get out all the time and wreek havoc on my local estate so i know what its like. Luckily now i live in a house that has 10ft walls all around so no Husky can get out even Scooby my black and white magician! My pup Mushu is now coming up to 4 months so i know there is more trouble to come so we are all bracing ourselves. His new thing is eating massive house spiders (which i dont agree with) i hate them but at least i get a warning when they are on the floor cos he scrabbles about at high speed tryin to catch them! Love Emily, Scooby, Nanook and Mushu x

Hiya Jacqui, welcome to the pack :wave:

Well, Storm is certainly making you live the husky experience!! They are demanding & devilish & sly & cunning - but oh, so loving & we fall under their spell!!

Look forward chatting with you around here & seeing pics of your bundle of trouble, Storm! :D