looking for ideas...

With winter coming, I'm a bit concerned about Bo managing to get down two snowy and perhaps icy steps to the yard to do his business. Last winter I put a rug down so he felt more secure and didn't get anxious about slipping.

Well, he hasn't gotten any younger and to be honest, I'm a bit worried about him and steps this winter. Do you think I should go as far as building a ramp for him? I'd like to hear your ideas....

With winter coming, I'm a bit concerned about Bo managing to get down two snowy and perhaps icy steps to the yard to do his business. Last winter I put a rug down so he felt more secure and didn't get anxious about slipping.

Well, he hasn't gotten any younger and to be honest, I'm a bit worried about him and steps this winter. Do you think I should go as far as building a ramp for him? I'd like to hear your ideas....

ramp is a good idea, maybe put some outdoor carpet on it. keep in mind however, the ramp is only going to be better than the stairs if you keep it cleared off of ice/snow.

Pack Leader: Ramp sounds great idea but ensure that the ramp doesn't have the same problem that your steps have....slippery. Just a little FYI for anyone who use salt take a good look at your loved ones paw to ensure that it's not burning his paws. Good Luck

I agree with Linda building a ramp for Bo with some non-slip mat that you can place onto it before he goes out would be a good idea :) Maybe you can get hold of a bath mat that you can put onto the ramp, Cheap and non slip :)

you could do the ramp with little runs on so he as a grip under his feet and does not slip ?

Great idea linda added to rep

Well Becky you like your woodwork, so why not try making one yourself? Have a likkle lookie here http://www.make-and-build-dog-stuff.com/ :grinning-smiley-003 ...

great link smithy, added tp rep

• 2 weeks later...

Pack Leader: Ramp sounds great idea but ensure that the ramp doesn't have the same problem that your steps have....slippery. Just a little FYI for anyone who use salt take a good look at your loved ones paw to ensure that it's not burning his paws. Good Luck

Pack Leader: I gotta ask, whats the pack leader before every post iin aid of? lol :D

Finally got the shop cleaned up so can begin this project now. Will post pics as we accomplish it. Plans look relatively simple, so perhaps I can actually get this done before the old boy needs it....

I gotta ask, whats the pack leader before every post iin aid of? lol :D

Wondered the same thing, but never asked....

Pack Leader: I gotta ask, whats the pack leader before every post iin aid of? lol :D

Pack Leader:Well because my Screen name is "Lana" i am not Lana, but her Pack Leader Eric. I like to give my idea as pack leader and like to give what lana might be thinking with her own ideas.