Hello Husky Owners!

Aurelia

Hi to everyone here :)

I don't own a husky yet, my other half and I have been looking into the breed for a long time and are hoping to make two husky additions to the family soon. I'm here to meet like-minded people and get any extra information we can so that we can give the dogs everything they need - we're both previous dog owners but not huskies (a giant schnauzer for me and for my other half a GSD).

Hmm I'm never good at knowing what to put in these introductions hehe!

At the moment we're living in Italy while my other half is stationed out here but originally I'm from England and he is from America. The next base move is happening in about a month (hence us putting off getting huskies yet because we don't want to stress them with such a big move) and is likely to be to America, so the breeders we are looking at are over there. ...I'll be asking a few questions about breeders in general on here no doubt!

So...I think that covers things? If I've missed something out just let me know and I'll add it :) Looking forward to getting to know the people, and the dogs, here!

Hey ya, :wave:

Welcome to the pack!!! Glad to hear you are looking to get two huskies to join your family :D I hope you enjoy the site and make lots of friends chatting about this lovely breed and getting all the info you need so please feel free to ask any questions!!!

Look forward to seeing you around the forum andseeing some pics of your new fuzzballs!

xx x x x x x x

Hi & welcome to the pack. I'm new to the husky breed too. Our new addition is Maia a 3 year old ex breeding bitch. She is joining our 3 other rescues, Jess a 14 year old Manchester terrier, Jersey 3 1/2 year old chocy lab & George 3 year old GSD. Adopting Maia into our pack is one of the best decisions we have ever made. Good luck :wave:

Welcome to the pack. Finding the right breeder is a process that requires some dedication. So when the time comes, shoot me a pm and I'll be happy to share some information with you on what I know on this side of the pond. One thing that we have learned, AKC registration is not a guarantee of getting a quality dog. So you need to look beyond the registration issue, not that it is not important, but don't let that alone be a deciding factor. Anyway, good luck on the move and chime in any time. There's a great bunch of folks here who have a wealth of information to share.

Hiya :wave:

Welcome to the pack! Great to see you've not rushed into it & are doing your homework :grinning-smiley-003

Good luck with your move, hope it all goes to plan - & when you get your new pack together, we want loads of pics, please!!

(Mazz, rep added for offering a helping hand in a foreign land! Ooh, I'm a poet!! :cool: )

Hello Aurelia welcome to the pack :)

Feel free to have a look around the forum for information, if you can't find what you are looking for then feel free to put a new thread up with your question :) we have many members here all at different experience levels and all full of different information :D

Best of luck with the move and I hope your search for a sibe/s goes really well too :D