Printer problems

I am having trouble with my printer - as you know, I'm trying to print husky pics for the personalised keyrings, which is proving very difficult now! It was telling me the "red" ink was half full but it would not print any red. I have done several nozzle checks & head cleaning but still no joy. I even changed the cartridge for a brand new one - still nothing (this printer has the 4 separate colour cartridges).

It is an Epson Stylus SX400. I have emailed the company but don't expect a reply any time soon :rolleyes: so what else can I try?

Anyone any ideas??

In my experience with printers, when that happens there's not much you can do except to send it away for repairs or get a replacement.

I'd probably not tinker with it a lot either, in case it's still in the guarantee period, as if there's any fault, you don't want them to say that it was customer misuse.

Would it be possible to contact the retailer? Depending on how long ago you bought it, you might be able to get a replacement for it.

it is a few years old & has always served us well! lol It has just stopped printing the red, all the other 3 colours still print out fine on the test page. I was half way through printing a document, 7 pages long that had some text in red, this started to go yellow (only about 1% of the doc was in red). Now even with a new cartridge, absolutely zilch!

Definitely out of guarantee now :rolleyes:

it is a few years old & has always served us well! lol It has just stopped printing the red, all the other 3 colours still print out fine on the test page. I was half way through printing a document, 7 pages long that had some text in red, this started to go yellow (only about 1% of the doc was in red). Now even with a new cartridge, absolutely zilch!

Definitely out of guarantee now :rolleyes:

I may be mistaken, but from what you are saying it looks like you might have to get a new one (especially considering the age, a few years is indeed old for a printer, most tend to fail quickly)...

Printers are pretty much disposable these days - you can buy them so cheaply then pay the same amount again for a set of cartridges. They have us by the short & curlies on this one! You could try asking on your local Freegle group for a used one if someone has upgraded. You will still need new ink at some point but you could get a free printer for the cost of petrol to go and collect it