Water under my phone screen?!?

K not sure if you guys can see what I mean (the dark splashes) I see it all the time at tho moment. I left my phone in my backpack at canine capers and as you know there was a little bit of rain and now there's water under my screen. The phone works fine so the water hasn't gotten into any components (I don't think) but any ideas on how I can get the water from under the screen?

[ATTACH]49759[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]49760[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My honest opinion would be that if your asking the question then dont. Instead take it into a shop. I wouldnt take it into somewhere like vodafone or the likes though, find one of these places which sells second hand mobiles, covers etc usually found on markets and see if they can do it

How long did you try the bag of rice? You need to do this for like 3 days,and I would use a rubbermaid sealable container....

You could also use silaca packets,you can but them from Amazon.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Jeramyeggs

When you tried the bag of rice did you take the battery and sim card out first? For this method to work it will need to be left for approx 48 hours. It worked with my HTC Desire which had water dripping out of it when I took the back off

I put it in the rice over night but it's an iPhone [MENTION=2533]lebe03[/MENTION] so the battery etc doesn't come out :( also think I have just made this question redundant now because Iv dropped the stupid phone and shattered the screen!!! So looks like a new one is needed anyways Aaarrrggghhh

Thanks to you all for your tips tho

Because it's an iPhone it would be a right pain to take apart... There probably is a way but I've never tried.

You can get special pocket bags to dry out phones and they work brilliantly, im not 100% what they are called but when I get on my laptop ill take a look :)

Sent from my GT-I9100

Hubby bought a new screen and LCD display (I think it was an LCD display) from abroad on eBay and fitted it himself with these strange plastic tools that looked like fat blue toothpicks. It looked very fiddly to do, and personally you'd probably be better going down to your local Market stall and visiting the phone stall, they can usually help when things go wrong and are cheaper than your big high street companies (unless you have insurance on a contract phone of course!). Oh and the airing cupboard method works great for most electrical appliances bit i've never tried an iPhone as they're soooo exspensive I didn't want to risk overheating them and possibly damaging them further! Lol I'm a chicken!

You can get the screens on ebay, emma is right. If you are looking through you can usually find ones that come with the tools to do it and the instructions you can get on youtube

The first and only thing you should do is REMOVE THE BATTERY. Then you can decide on a plan of action. Drying naturally is an option (airing cupboard as stated). If you want to spend money then - yes let the phone man do it. however you cant sort it for nothing yourself. Its relatively easy to dissassemble if you follow instructions

Thanks Jim but if you read further up the water is no longer an issue as I have smashed the screen by dropping the phone (obv not on purpose) plus it is an iPhone and therefore is not easy to take apart. I wouldn't have taken the phone in for the water issue but the smashed screen is a bit to advanced for my capabilities

Thanks Jim but if you read further up the water is no longer an issue as I have smashed the screen by dropping the phone (obv not on purpose) plus it is an iPhone and therefore is not easy to take apart. I wouldn't have taken the phone in for the water issue but the smashed screen is a bit to advanced for my capabilities

Oh right - sorry didnt see that bit. I would say though- have a go at a screen swap. just have someone with you to double check each step. If you get the instructions on utube its not that difficult. Screens only cost a few quid nowdays.

I have done 2 now with success

It's an iPhone 4s, Iv just checked my insurance and it is covered so I could claim but then I don't know how long I would be without my phone. The mobile man said a new screen from him would be £85!!!!!! Thanks Jim would the one u have be comparable?