those of you who have android phones...............

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What type of apps are you looking for? You most definatly need the advanced task killer if you don't already have it, it cleans up your programs because with the droid they are always running.

As far as a music app Jango is my favorite :)

dunno really

anyhting thats good?

whats the advanced task killer how do you use it

I use mapmywalk, to record my walks (obviously). It's abit of fun and keeps me motivated. AVG antivirus, google latitude, again its fun watching where friends are,met office for reliable forecasts, and a navigation one which we use in place of a sat nav.

dunno really

anyhting thats good?

whats the advanced task killer how do you use it

So anytime you open anything on your droid ( maps,email,texts,pictures) and then you close it it is actually still running so you'll notice your phone getting slower and slower. If you search advanced task killer ( the icon is a little green man) once you download it,it will always stay on and the little green dude will be on the top left of your tool bar, you just touch it and it will show you all the programs you have running and there are little check boxes and then at the top it says kill selected apps and it will close them and free up space. Right now I just looked at mine and I have my clock,email,voice search,maps,jango,gmail,texts,solitaire all running and my memory is at 37M when I hit kill selected apps it gives me 102Mm I do this once a day

So anytime you open anything on your droid ( maps,email,texts,pictures) and then you close it it is actually still running so you'll notice your phone getting slower and slower. If you search advanced task killer ( the icon is a little green man) once you download it,it will always stay on and the little green dude will be on the top left of your tool bar, you just touch it and it will show you all the programs you have running and there are little check boxes and then at the top it says kill selected apps and it will close them and free up space. Right now I just looked at mine and I have my clock,email,voice search,maps,jango,gmail,texts,solitaire all running and my memory is at 37M when I hit kill selected apps it gives me 102Mm I do this once a day

Ooh thanks

some of the 250 on mine..........

Street View on Google Maps

Facebook for Android

Gmail

Google Search

Adobe Flash Player 11

Voice search

WhatsApp

YouTube

Google+

Google Play Movies

Draw Something

Barcode Scanner

BBC iplayer

avast!

BBC News

Speedtest.net

What type of apps are you looking for? You most definatly need the advanced task killer if you don't already have it, it cleans up your programs because with the droid they are always running.

[h=3]Why Task Killers Are (Usually) Bad News[/h]

Apps like Advanced Task Killer, the most popular task killer in the Market, act on the incorrect assumption that freeing up memory on an Android device is a good thing. When launched, it presents you with a list of "running" apps and the option to kill as many as you want. You can also hit the Menu button to access a more detailed "Services" view, that lists exactly which parts of each application are "running", how much memory they take up, and how much free memory is available on your phone. This set-up implies that the goal of killing these apps is to free up memory. Nowhere on the list does it mention the number of CPU cycles each app is consuming, only the memory you'll free by killing it. As we've learned, full memory is not a bad thing—we want to watch out for the CPU, the resource that actually slows down your phone and drains your battery life.

Thus, killing all but the essential apps (or telling Android to kill apps more aggressively with the "autokill" feature) is generally unnecessary. Furthermore, it's actually possible that this willworsen your phone's performance and battery life. Whether you're manually killing apps all the time or telling the task killer to aggressively remove apps from your memory, you're actually using CPU cycles when you otherwise wouldn't—killing apps that aren't doing anything in the first place.

In fact, some of the processes related to those apps will actually start right back up, further draining your CPU. If they don't, killing those processes can cause other sorts of problems—alarms don't go off, you don't receive text messages, or other related apps may force close without warning. All in all, you're usually better off letting your phone work as intended—especially if you're more of a casual user. In these instances, a task killer causes more problems than it solves.

[h=3][/h]

Flipboard-news app

Netflix

Chanifire-allows you to fake the market for more apps root app

Titanium backup-root app for backing up apps

Tapatalk 2.0-forum app

Wireless tether-root app for sharing your wireless

Modern combat 3-video game

Voice search

Dolphin browser HD

Volume locker-locks volume

I also have a modified flash player to fake out hulu so I can watch it without paying..

I could go on and on. Don't know about if some of these work outside the USA.... What apps are you looking for? If you have something in mind, I could steer you in the right direction..

Apex launcher ice cream sandwich launcher

Swype-keyboard

Swift key-keyboard

Plume-twitter client

Google voice-allows you to have a second number U. S. only

Google voice callback

Amazon app store

Amazon mp3

Lookout-antivirus, and lost phone location

Flex 9-keyboard

Youmail-free visual voicemail

Google music

Wiimote-game controller for emulaters

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Edited by Jeramyeggs

As far as a music app Jango is my favorite :)

That depends on which droid OS you use. I have the Nexus S and the new s/w for it everything is auto kill, with limited background applications.