Post thanks now added

Marc

As per request today I have now added the ability to thank people for a post. You cannot click both like and thanks at the same time.

The reason this has been added is because sometimes you can like an item on the forum, however it could be a joke or maybe a funny comment. The thanks link is there specifically for when someone has helped you, posted useful information, or generally done something you would like specifically to say thankyou for.

As with the likes you can see these in your postbit, and also see the stats from it under the quicklinks menu.

Enjoy

@Storm & Angels Mum

Well, a like could mean anything.

A funny post.

Funny comment.

Post with a bunch of pictures.

Just something you generally like.

While thanks means that someone did something really helped you.

Answered a question clearly.

Posted an advice thread.

In the end, the goal of the person that suggested was that people would be able to tell who was more 'trustworthy' or 'reliable' based on how many thanks they had. Someone could have a lot of likes simply because they post a bunch of funny things and give bad advice, in other words. :3 Hope that helped clear it up.

im confused yeah yeah i know it doesnt take much.

but isnt is practically the same thing? to like or thanks? kinda confusing having both

Would you like to say you like a post where someone has helped you or say thankyou for them helping you?

Same with a funny comment. Thanks or just something you found funny so would like to show you liked it?

Well you could thank someone for liking something you posted ?

You could, but wouldnt really contribute to the persons thank rating in a positive way. The idea of it is so that we know who are the people who are helping others around the forum with things and with their dogs. Besides, you couldnt thank someone for liking you unless they posted something to say they had liked your post in which you could then thank. Which would again be pretty pointless

Does this mean we get a new 'thingy' near the mentioned / tagged / like counts for how many thanks we have given / received? :D Then the point about someone being thanked by lots of members for helping / useful posts would be visible and therefore add 'something' when they give an opinion as was originally suggested, I think

Does this mean we get a new 'thingy' near the mentioned / tagged / like counts for how many thanks we have given / received? :D Then the point about someone being thanked by lots of members for helping / useful posts would be visible and therefore add 'something' when they give an opinion as was originally suggested' date=' I think[/quote']

Guess you not already looked then ;)

I am no way advertising for this other forum. This is where I got the idea from, and tried to hide the other forum info. If you were to come there with questions, and this guy, and and I answered with 2 different responses, I would pick his because of his thanks cred. Not that I am ignorant, just he is so much smarter than me at what he does. His is the first pic, and mine is the second. It also builds a since of social pride among us. If we help others, it raises our thanks meter showing us that we are helpful. I love this place, and just want to thank everyone here who has created the best husky forum on the net.

His

433afd94-0447-cd98.jpg

Mine

433afd94-0469-ddb3.jpg

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

I am no way advertising for this other forum. This is where I got the idea from, and tried to hide the other forum info. If you were to come there with questions, and this guy, and and I answered with 2 different responses, I would pick his because of his thanks cred. Not that I am ignorant, just he is so much smarter than me at what he does. His is the first pic, and mine is the second. It also builds a since of social pride among us. If we help others, it raises our thanks meter showing us that we are helpful. I love this place, and just want to thank everyone here who has created the best husky forum on the net.

His

Mine

Which forum is that. Im gettin into android dev lately :) ... And thankyou for the complements

Xda developers, the best Android modding forum on the net. Some of the folks there, you have to ignore. They can be condescending, but with your background, you can hold your own. I am in the process of teaching myself java(rather unsuccessfully). It is like wading into a ocean. Mind if I ask what phone you are on now? Guessing that you are in Europe, it has to be gsm frequencies. This is much better than the cdma networks of the states. Not that I am much of a developer, there is huge development for gsm. If you are ever there,I hang out in the HTC rezound forums, give me a shout out.