which antivirus??

loops

i got my netbook a year ago with 12months bullguard anti virus which has just run out. Dont know how much it costs, should i just update the bullguard or can anyone recommend something better/cheaper ?..

I have avg which is free and seems to work ok. Not the greatest protection available from what I have heard though. Avast is better? Bullguard has a good reputation, so it really depends on what you feel more Comfortable with, I suppose?

I've been using AVG for several years, which, as everyone has already said, is free. My dad buys the paid version (because he believes everything is always better if you pay for it.) but I haven't really seen a noticeable difference. Actually, his computer has more problems than not but that's simply because he has no clue how to use the thing. I cleaned 2GB of temp files out of his computer yesterday, not to mention fixed 734 registry errors. :/ Uh.... Back to the point. I suggest AVG, though I've never tried Avast.

depends what you do with your pc mate if you just do abit surfing online, check the odd email,facebook avg for free is fine

But if you like me download alot of music/films/have a secure work email you might want something better. Some banks these days do anti virus software for free ie Barclays you can get Kaspersky on a 12month license

don't get NORTON first off lol

I have avast on mine - it's free, it updates when needed and does what it says on the tin :)

AGREED

Guaranteed to make you pc run like a snail and do sweet fa, i had norton on mine took it off and put kaspersky on and was horrified the amount of virus's etc was on there

To original poster another good program to run with anti virus on there is spybot search and destroy its free version off download.com is top notch

gets rid of spy wear/cleans temp files out etc

I've been using AVG for several years, which, as everyone has already said, is free. My dad buys the paid version (because he believes everything is always better if you pay for it.) but I haven't really seen a noticeable difference. Actually, his computer has more problems than not but that's simply because he has no clue how to use the thing. I cleaned 2GB of temp files out of his computer yesterday, not to mention fixed 734 registry errors. :/ Uh.... Back to the point. I suggest AVG, though I've never tried Avast.

Like your father I am clueless - so if you are ever in the neighbourhood, you are welcome to pop in and clear out 2GB for me too :rolleyes:

Like your father I am clueless - so if you are ever in the neighbourhood, you are welcome to pop in and clear out 2GB for me too :rolleyes:

xD Yeah, but I installed the technology for my father to keep it clear and he used it for a while then forgot it existed. If you're serious I can tell you what program I use. :3 It's very simple and easy to use.

• 4 weeks later...