Miniature Siberian Husky?

Before anyone freaks out and lashes out at me like other husky people have done, they do exist and they are not Alaskan Klee Kai. AKK are a mixedbreed and Mini Sibes are not. Mini Sibes are fully Siberian... just a little smaller. They are not dwarfed, they are not bred runt to runt, and they are not cruelly putting a highly active dog into a non active small lap dog size. They are STILL highly active and need plenty of excercise, and still not tiny dogs. The breeder simply researched the lines and stuck with the lines that produced smaller dogs. There is one breeder in NC and one in ORlando... although they are not related, they have their own lines. They are registered Siberians. I don't know who the breeders register with, and with the breeder in NC I'm friends with her online and shes a great person although I dont know enough about her program to make an opinion of her as a breeder, but I know she does test for any issues and she has a health guarantee up to a year (I think it should be longer, many genetic diseases dont show up until later) ANYWAY lol I was just wondering if anyone here has one? Heard of them? I wanted one before getting Tessa, or either a Klee Kai. But I'm so glad I got Tess and rescues vs buying from a breeder. I have opinions on breeding and although I don't judge, I don't want to condone unethical breeding either. I didn't know enough about the breeders to buy from any of them and there simply isn't enough information online even though I've researched years. Talking to the breeder in NC I found out plenty, but she was the only source. Researching online, seeing all the hate and negative comments, you'd think the lady in NC was a demon sent to destroy all dogs or something. :/ Anyway here's her website, (Link removed by Moderator, since they sell Puppies.) and I have a group about them with pictures of adults (the original breeder has pictures on here too) although many of them are over twenty five pounds. If you want the link just ask. Please don't join to start any negative arguments, I will simply ban you, thanks :) They are supposed to be smaller than what they are, but its still in progress. This breeder has had lawsuits, although she has told people the size is not guaranteed because they are still a work in progress. Anyway, negative opinions are not wanted please. I realize there are haters out there, I've dealt with my share of them. But I'm simply curious if there are any in here, or if anyone has heard of /seen one. I've attached some pics of some adults. Some are larger than others, and some are even big enough to be called regular size. But you can see some have the foxy look like an AKK but that comes with being smaller. And some do not have that foxy face at all like Miko, the one lying down beside the shoes and Glacier, the wooly girl with the kid in the red shirt.post-7365-13586040989252_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040955515_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040956497_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040956897_thumb.jpg

post-7365-1358604095759_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040958082_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040959029_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040959382_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040959858_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040960325_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040984379_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040984825_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040985289_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040985639_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040986102_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040986393_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040986641_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040986858_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040987378_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040987648_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040988012_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040988302_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040988579_thumb.jpg

post-7365-13586040988861_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mazz

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard of them before. :3 My boyfriend has always wanted one actually. I can't personally say that I know much about them, simply because I prefer bigger dogs, but I'd certainly love a mini Siberian around the house. XD

I probably know more about them than anyone on here, simply because I am friends online with Bree in NC who is the orig. breeder. Hopefully someone on here knows more than me though... lol. But I'm just curious as to who knows about them and who has one/ has seen one. And, I have actually extended invitations to everyone in my mini siberian group to come here. They ARE huskies and so are welcome here. Lol. :) Thanks for the friend request Duremite!

Us ksjdfsd;lkfjksdfdsklfjdsfhsidhf's have to stick together. xP

But yeah, I wish I knew more about them. xD Perhaps you could educate me, ahem, us, a little on them.

EDIT: POST 100. Woot.

I saw where you were about to reach your 100 post yay! And clearly, I really don't have to educate except by saying simply they are true Siberians LOL. You can look at the breed standard for the Siberian and see everything you need to know. I do think they are under 25 lbs mostly now. But there's probably a lot of minis that grow to be standard sized, over 30 lbs. Thats just what I consider a standard size... since there is no minimum height or weight for the breed standard, there is only a maximum height I think. Someone correct me if I'm wrong! :)

LOL well tell him good luck! I would *NOT* buy from the one in Orlando, I was texting her and as soon as she found out I talk to the other breeder, she stopped talking to me. Is that weird or what.... go to Bree in NC at least she does her testing guarantees her pups health. And she may have a litter soon. I know there was four litters planned this year with four different females.

Edited by huskylover103

I don't know much about the subject so can't comment, but oh my, how cute is that Dakota :lovebone: I think you may have to remove the link as it is against forum rules to post a link to a breeder. But thanks for posting this, it is very interesting :) they are gorgeous.

This is interesting... I have heard of them once, but people's harsh comments made me think this is not real. So they ARE real? :eek: Btw Klee-Kai is not a mixed breed :) it is a registered, separate breed :)

Btw @kper do you think Ahna is one of these mini huskies?

EDIT: I find this size variety kinda amusing, but in all honesty I don't think she should make her own husky size variety and publish them as mini huskies. Unlike poodles, there's only one husky size that is recognized by the kennel club, we don't have mini huskies or toy huskies. So, even if she reminds people that her dogs are not a separate breed, I don't think creating this new variety is the right thing to do. I understand that she's keeping an eye on her doggies' health and temperament but I'm afraid that this publication will soon be a new way to make cash and attract BYBs :( sure, the real mini huskies will never end in the wrong hands since they come from a nice breeder that will always screen her buyers, but what if people crossbreed husky with small dogs and sell them as mini huskies? People won't notice, and BYBs will continue doing it under the name of "mini huskies" :( This is just a thought that crossed my mind... My apologies if this comment appears to be rude or harsh

Edited by mydiamond

Hmm ty for your comments, and the link was removed, although i admit I didnt even think about that... :/ And your right, I have seen the huskimos, and there is on that calls those minis. Dumb I know.

Yes AKK are registered by UKC I only meant they were created by mixing a husky named Dollar to Eskies and Schipperkes, although now the only breed AKK to other AKK as the breed is already established. The mini huskies are 100% Siberian though. :)

I have to say I dont agree with all of it, but I do love the idea of small huskies.

Oh and my Tess is only 36 lbs although she was 40lbs before she came to me. She wouldnt eat her food but now shes eating it. :) So shell probably get back up to 40 or maybe she already has. Shes not a mini, but shes not as big as most siberians. Which is okay with me!

There are so many different sizes in the breed anyway :) I have met a mini siberian before when out walking ... she was a little aggressive towards my lot though.. my two girls Freya and Indi are also small for their breed and Indi especially has very little legs :) but she is full sibe Brooke who is 9 mths is bigger than her already

the truth is there is actually a wide range of height in siberian huskies. Some are giants, some others are midgets (LOL) but they're all huskies. Calling a smaller husky with a different name and selling them with a higher price is.... in all honesty.... the same as scam =\ IMO this publication of "the new variety" is not right, but I like the idea of creating a new bloodline that produces smaller babies :) I think it's creative and the dogs are beautiful, but again... naming them "mini huskies" aren't really right in my eyes

again, my apologies in advance if I appear to be rude or harsh

The premise that smaller is cuter I don't get. Huskies are the most beautiful breed in the world in my opinion and don't need messing with. Why do we have to have a minature or toy version of everything? If there was a drug that could keep your puppy as a puppy for the whole of it's life I swear millions round the world would be using it.

My curiosity actually stems from not knowin what particular issues this 'variation' is prone to. I mean in addition to the possibility of hip dysplasia and eye issues that the Sibe is prone to (thus why they're tested for them), what else would an owner need to be looking at? Urinary tract infections? Kidney Stones? Dental disease? Additionally if there are only 2 ACTUAL breeders of this particular variation, where does new stock come from? How long has this been in existance? What potential behavior issues have been identified with having a high energy working class dog that can't do what its bred exists for? How are those dealt with? With such limited breeding stock is it reasonable to believe that if aggression or other health issues begin to become a problem in the line that the parents won't be bred from any longer?

I'm not trying to be difficult or rude, so I hope I'm not comming across this way. These are questions I'd have with any sibe or other dog breeder I'd consider getting a dog from and as you said your intention was to educate...well I hope you're open to answering questions.

certainly open to questions! AKK have known to be aggresive with other dogs and people sometimes, but not minisibes. If there was an aggression issue Id pin it on the indivindual dog not the breed because we all know huskies in general are friendly. Minis arent unable to pull a sled or run far distances, in fact a marathon couple have a mini and they run together. I can see what yall are saying as far as calling them minis isnt right. There arent any toy versions. But any people buying from a standard sized breeder would expect a bigger dog, so you have to in a sense tell them what theyre getting straight up. She charges about the same as other Sibe breeders from my experience anyway. And these huskies exist naturally, shes just helping bring more small ones into the breed. These are not a separate breed at all and she hasnt messed with the breed at all.

As far as having a small gene pool, I havent heard any issues yet, but they have been around as long as regular huskies, she has pictures of them from long ago. They simply dont happen alot.

IThank you all for your input!