Hug a husky at town & country fair

AngieK9

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great pics, and well done for raising that amount of money.

Technical question now. LOL What are the tie out lines attached to? I need to get some for my lot, and would usually put them round a tree or something, but obviously in the middle of a field like that - no trees. I don't know if sticking them in the ground with those twirly spikey thingies (you know what I mean) would hold huskies - would it?

those twirly spikey thingies (you know what I mean)

Love the technical name, guys!! :P I have one in the caravan (pet spike) looks like a corkscrew, that we attached Myshka to, works a treat. Myshka is a lot calmer now she's older so she doesn't tend to have mad 5 minute dashes like she did, perhaps that's why it works. Got a second one for Diesel but as we've not been away since we got him, I've not tried a 38.5Kg bear on it!!! :eek:

LOL we had the twirly spikey things for our 3 when they were pups but no way would it hold them now!

When we went camping we were going to get the sled dog steel steaks from Culpeppers like Rose mentioned but Jamie's future brother in law work with metal, etc and so Jamie got him to make us a few steel steaks to go in the ground.

We have two of them, at camping we had one in the ground and had the cable/wire dog ties out leads (if you look at the pic here we have the same line http://www.petsathome.com/find/keyword-is-Tie+out+line/product-is-16046) and attached the other end of the wire to the van and then just clipped their leads to the wire. The ground was quite soft and where we were and it still held in quite well, although I think it did come out once luckily jamie grabbed it before the boys got loose!

Sarah borrowed our other one and it seemed to hold Kimba and Kaiser well :)

great pics Angie! Did the agility ones turn out?

Kodi loved running :) it was great to see how happy he looked.

The line we bought in Aviemore, I think it is culpeppers.

The stakes we bought off someone at a rally! I can't for the life of me remember who he was though...will have to dig out my old members book as it's in there! Could do with some more too...They get hammered in with a mallet (nb rubber mallets dont work...dont ask!) and as long as the ground is firm enough they hold the dogs quite well. Not our Kodi though on the ground there! He had to be tied to the van. Sometimes if the ground isn't too firm we attach one end to the towing eye on the van just to be safe. Getting them out either requires a bit of perseverance knocking it from side to side with a mallet or a big strong man, so I usually take one of those ;) lol

Those metal screw things didn't hold ours. Meeka also is quite bright and digs them out! She digs the stakes out too so we have to remember to put her in the middle :D