I made a Husky plushy!

Sakutama

When you say they don't have much of a variety of felt colors, do you mean in the shops there ??? if so we can get almost any colour here so could send you some xxxx

I meant the shop I go to, I haven't actually tried shopping for felt so i'll have to keep an eye out now. :) I'll let you know if I need a special color. :D

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a red and white one with Angel in japanese angel has red patches and blue eyes

[ATTACH]47208[/ATTACH]

and a one like storm hes awkward :D with Storm in japanese he has brown/amber eyes

[ATTACH]47207[/ATTACH]

please and thanyou

post-2224-13586034600402_thumb.jpg

post-2224-13586034600937_thumb.jpg

I don't, sadly :( we had him in the days before digital cameras and all his photos are in albums/boxes at my parents. But he was black and white, with brown eyes :) his name was Boomer, if that can be translated!

If you put a message on my profile doodah when he's done I'll send you my email for PayPal :D excited now! oh, and postage is to the UK so you can calculate it :)

Aww it's okay! And will do! So like the plushy I made, but with black instead of gray, and brown eyes instead of blue? Dark or light brown for the eyes (if I find a variety of browns by chance)? Here is my best shot at translating Boomer into Japanese, hubby gave it a thumbs up:

Hiragana: ã¶-ã¾ bu-ma

Katakana - ブ-マ bu-ma

Kanji - (if you want Kanji, i'll ask my hubby to look up some Kanji in his dictionary and give you a list of possible Kanji and their meanings so you can pick out something special. It will still sound like bu-ma)

As a note: Japanese vowels are A I U E O and sound like ah - e - u (like in too) - eh - oh. Also a - means the sound is carried a little longer. So it would be Buuma instead of just Buma. There's no RR sound in Japanese to make the Er sound at the end of Boomer, your limited to Ra Re Ri Ro and Ru. So Bu-ma would be as close as possible pronunciation wise.

Let me know what you think, and i'll try to get you a quote on shipping as soon as I can. I'm going to take a guess around $5 for shipping.

No problem! :D I'll get to everyone, for now I am going to make them one at a time starting with Kate. Thanks for letting me know so i'll know what to keep an eye out for next time I am at the store. :D

I want a red and white one with Angel in japanese angel has red patches and blue eyes

[ATTACH]47208[/ATTACH]

and a one like storm hes awkward :D with Storm in japanese he has brown/amber eyes

[ATTACH]47207[/ATTACH]

please and thanyou

While i'm thinking about it, would you like the names Angel and Storm to be translated as they sound in English, or literal translations into the Japanese words for Angel and Storm? I believe Angel is "Tenshi" and Storm is "Arashi." And as for red, are you thinking a regular red or a brownish red? I'll keep an eye out while I am working on Kate's plushy. :)

I'd love a grey white with bi-eyes n if possible a pure white with blue eyes

Sent from my ST18i using Forum Runner

I already have those felt colors so yours will be easy, no problem at all. :D

While i'm thinking about it, would you like the names Angel and Storm to be translated as they sound in English, or literal translations into the Japanese words for Angel and Storm? I believe Angel is "Tenshi" and Storm is "Arashi." And as for red, are you thinking a regular red or a brownish red? I'll keep an eye out while I am working on Kate's plushy. :)

um the japanese writing please I think

its a brownish red

can I ask a dumb question?

how do you get the japanese writing on here?

do you have a japanese computer?

Not a dumb question:p

If I use my husbands laptop, it has a magical button that switches between Japanese and English. But sense I am on my laptop tonight, which I brought from the US, I am copy-pasting from Wikipedia. :rolleyes:

Not a dumb question:p

If I use my husbands laptop, it has a magical button that switches between Japanese and English. But sense I am on my laptop tonight, which I brought from the US, I am copy-pasting from Wikipedia. :rolleyes:

oh how cool is that :D

what would skyla and blaze be in japanese ?

Let's see...

Skyla would be something like Suka-i-ra:

Katakana: スカ-イ-ラ

Hiragana: ã™ã‹-ã„-ら

And Blaze would be something like Bureizu:

Katakana: ブレイズ

Hiragana: ã¶れã„ãÂÅ¡

Hubby is a little preoccupied with a video game at the moment :rolleyes: , but I checked with him and he gave them thumbs up. :)

um the japanese writing please I think

its a brownish red

I'll keep an eye out for a redish brown for you, I think I saw one. I'll get as close as I can for you. :)

In Japanese, they tend to write older Japanese names for things and grammar words in Hiragana, and foreign names in Katakana. Kanji are used for things such as names of people, cities, and some objects. Kanji can be complicated because one Kanji can have many sounds and meanings, plus each Kanji has a meaning as well, which is why we need to research them first. :rolleyes:

But for example, let's use Sakura (cherry blossoms). It can be written:

Katakana: サクラ

Hiragana: ã•ãÂÂら

Kanji: 桜

All three sound like "Sakura"

For example: サ= sa ク= ku ラ=ra

Does that make sense? :P

What I meant was, for example, I can translate Storm as Arashi, the Japanese word for Storm, and use the Kanji for Arashi which is åµÂ

Or, I can translate Storm at "Suto-mu" which is a phonic translation, which would be:

ã™ã¨-ã‚€ in Hiragana

スト-ム in Katakana

I can phonically find some kanji that make the sounds "su" "to" and "mu" so it would be a 3 Kanji name, unless we find a Kanji that means "suto" or "tomu" for example. This is the part we need time to research and we can give you a list of Kanji and their meanings to decide from.

This goes for everyone wanting Japanese translations of the names, I hope it makes more sense now. I know it can be confusing! ;)

Let's see...

Skyla would be something like Suka-i-ra:

Katakana: スカ-イ-ラ

Hiragana: ã™ã‹-ã„-ら

And Blaze would be something like Bureizu:

Katakana: ブレイズ

Hiragana: ã¶れã„ãÂÅ¡

Hubby is a little preoccupied with a video game at the moment :rolleyes: , but I checked with him and he gave them thumbs up. :)

I'll keep an eye out for a redish brown for you, I think I saw one. I'll get as close as I can for you. :)

In Japanese, they tend to write older Japanese names for things and grammar words in Hiragana, and foreign names in Katakana. Kanji are used for things such as names of people, cities, and some objects. Kanji can be complicated because one Kanji can have many sounds and meanings, plus each Kanji has a meaning as well, which is why we need to research them first. :rolleyes:

But for example, let's use Sakura (cherry blossoms). It can be written:

Katakana: サクラ

Hiragana: ã•ãÂÂら

Kanji: 桜

All three sound like "Sakura"

For example: サ= sa ク= ku ラ=ra

Does that make sense? :P

What I meant was, for example, I can translate Storm as Arashi, the Japanese word for Storm, and use the Kanji for Arashi which is åµÂ

Or, I can translate Storm at "Suto-mu" which is a phonic translation, which would be:

ã™ã¨-ã‚€ in Hiragana

スト-ム in Katakana

I can phonically find some kanji that make the sounds "su" "to" and "mu" so it would be a 3 Kanji name, unless we find a Kanji that means "suto" or "tomu" for example. This is the part we need time to research and we can give you a list of Kanji and their meanings to decide from.

This goes for everyone wanting Japanese translations of the names, I hope it makes more sense now. I know it can be confusing! ;)

whatever you think is nicest lmao I cant work it out lol

This is looking great :) See Evyn never Underestimate yourself. can't wait to see the pics as you're doing them :)

Thanks so much! I just get so perfectionist about these things. :oops: If it's not perfect in my eyes I don't see it as worthy to sell. But i'm so happy seeing so much support, and at least giving it a try. :D

I already have the body made for Kate's plushy, just putting together what I can tonight and i'll need to visit the store to pick up some brown for the eyes sometime this weekend. I'll definitely post a picture of it when it's done for everyone to see. :)

Having so much fun doing this! :yahoo:

But he was black and white, with brown eyes :)

Ok! I have the body made, what you see as gray on mine is black for yours with a white face. Would you like...

Black or pink nose?

White paws or just black paws/legs? (mine has white on the paws for example)

Any coloration on the tail or just black? (mine is just a plain gray tail)

Light or dark brown eyes (if I find an assortment of brown)

Any facial markings or just the white mask?

:)

Ok! I have the body made, what you see as gray on mine is black for yours with a white face. Would you like...

Black or pink nose? Black nose

White paws or just black paws/legs? white on his toes, please :D

Any coloration on the tail or just black? a white tip on the tail, if that's possible.

Light or dark brown eyes? Any brown is fine - but his were a dark brown

Any facial markings or just the white mask? He just had a bit of white around his nose, so just the mask :)

:)

Went way way waaaay back on a photo account and managed to find a photo of him. Must have been from when I got my first digital camera - testing it out with the typical dog photos. Totally forgot about this picture :wub:

1830682731_3a9e45c828.jpg

ETA: Just read back on the thread! I think I'll go with the Hiragana on the back, purely because it looks prettier :redface1: different languages sound so complicated to me, Japanese must be fascinating to learn.

Went way way waaaay back on a photo account and managed to find a photo of him. Must have been from when I got my first digital camera - testing it out with the typical dog photos. Totally forgot about this picture :wub:

1830682731_3a9e45c828.jpg

ETA: Just read back on the thread! I think I'll go with the Hiragana on the back, purely because it looks prettier :redface1: different languages sound so complicated to me, Japanese must be fascinating to learn.

Oh this helps A LOT! :D Luckily the glue is still a bit wet so i'll make some adjustments now. :) He's was beautiful. :wub:

His front legs were white, then the back were black with white 'socks' Can't wait to see him :D

And thanks, he was a total softie. Best dog a kid could ask for :)

*Nods* got it! Thanks again! I have him mostly done now, just need to buy brown for his eyes and make his other leg white. I'll post a picture when he is done and you can let me know if he looks okay or not. ;)

Awh, can't wait. I'm sure he'll look perfect! :)

I hope so! :D I am finishing him up now and will post a picture very soon, the last step will be his name on the back which will involve researching some Kanji for you...unless you are really happy with Hiragana! I just realized I can't see his eyes in your picture, I remember you said brown. So sense I was lucky to find a "brown pack" you can decide which brown for his eye color. ;)

580264_10151550761845545_634270544_23518634_504270651_n.jpg