I made a Husky plushy!

Sakutama

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one of Ryder, just his coat is changing so much I have no idea what colour he'll be yet :(

Pllllease post when you have an idea of costs ect. Would love to get my Mum one of our old husky for her birthday :) then she can pop him on her bag so he's always with her.

Oh, and I think a Japanese name on the back is a great idea!

Thanks so much everyone! :D

Wow...I am so overwhelmed by how much everyone likes it...and want their own! Well, as long as you like this design, I don't see why I couldn't make some like it and sell them. I did change the eyes at least from my avatar (which isn't my design, it's from a
in Japan), and well, often kawaii designs look all the same in Japan anyway.
:rolleyes:
I just hate stealing other peoples ideas, I try to be original. But besides, if I change it to look like your dogs eye colors and coat patterns, I think that is different enough from the original inspiration.
:)

Alright!! So, it'll probably be a slow process (I apologize!) but i'll contact everyone one at a time in the order they replied to my thread and also crack open my old Etsy account that I never used and try to get something set up. This is all new for me so I hope you guys can be patient.
:D

I'll post this on the other thread "your Huskies name in Japanese" as well, but I think I decided i'll do name translations into Japanese for free because I don't have any formal qualifications to do it. Just my personal study of Japanese and my native speaker husband. BUT...i'll be happy to put the translation I made onto a plushy or some other artistic thing you want.

I think technically the first person to reply was Olivia, but you said you don't have PayPal?
:(
Well let me know if you want one of Diamond, maybe we can figure something out. Next person after that would be...Kate? Right? I would be happy to make one for your mom of your old Husky if you have pictures. And whenever Ryder settles into his final coat, you can always let me know.

Exited!
:yahoo:

Pllllease post when you have an idea of costs ect.

Ah hrm...well they aren't expensive to make, it's really just felt, glue, plushy filling, thread and a lot of perfectionism from me. :P I might buy some color matched thread so they look better (just used black thread on mine), and i'll try to match colors to the husky colors as best I can for what's available in felt colors, but otherwise...maybe i'll invest in a little glue gun? It's all really inexpensive bits and pieces so...

What do you think is a reasonable price? Just be honest. :D

Well...it's not my best work, and I did copy off the internet for inspiration. :rolleyes:

But here's my first Husky Plushy I made as an accessory for my purse so I can show off my Husky pride! :D

36488_10151535312000545_634270544_23476315_1601706726_n.jpg

Really like the way you made this, esp. the eyes. I would love a few just to give to people they would adore it.:heartbeat:

Husky Lovers in Vermont:doglick:

Ah hrm...well they aren't expensive to make, it's really just felt, glue, plushy filling, thread and a lot of perfectionism from me. :P I might buy some color matched thread so they look better (just used black thread on mine), and i'll try to match colors to the husky colors as best I can for what's available in felt colors, but otherwise...maybe i'll invest in a little glue gun? It's all really inexpensive bits and pieces so...

What do you think is a reasonable price? Just be honest. :D

We would easily pay $8 - $10 dollars and more if a certain color was requested.

Really?? :eek: Wow! I didn't think they looked worth that much. :confused: What does everyone else think?

It is a form of art. They are hand made and you always pay more for hand made, also because they are not mass produced. We find it to be adorable.

Thanks so much everyone! :D

Wow...I am so overwhelmed by how much everyone likes it...and want their own! Well, as long as you like this design, I don't see why I couldn't make some like it and sell them. I did change the eyes at least from my avatar (which isn't my design, it's from a
in Japan), and well, often kawaii designs look all the same in Japan anyway.
:rolleyes:
I just hate stealing other peoples ideas, I try to be original. But besides, if I change it to look like your dogs eye colors and coat patterns, I think that is different enough from the original inspiration.

Alright!! So, it'll probably be a slow process (I apologize!) but i'll contact everyone one at a time in the order they replied to my thread and also crack open my old Etsy account that I never used and try to get something set up. This is all new for me so I hope you guys can be patient.

I'll post this on the other thread "your Huskies name in Japanese" as well, but I think I decided i'll do name translations into Japanese for free because I don't have any formal qualifications to do it. Just my personal study of Japanese and my native speaker husband. BUT...i'll be happy to put the translation I made onto a plushy or some other artistic thing you want.

I think technically the first person to reply was Olivia, but you said you don't have PayPal?
:(
Well let me know if you want one of Diamond, maybe we can figure something out. Next person after that would be...Kate? Right? I would be happy to make one for your mom of your old Husky if you have pictures. And whenever Ryder settles into his final coat, you can always let me know.

Exited!
:yahoo:

glad to hear that I'm on top of the list heehee but unfortunately it will be very troublesome for someone that doesn't even have a bank account to pay, so I guess I'll pass *cries* so that means you can start working on Kate's order :) don't worry tho my birthday is coming up I can beg my parents to get me a proper bank account so that I can use PayPal :cheerleader:

glad to hear that I'm on top of the list heehee but unfortunately it will be very troublesome for someone that doesn't even have a bank account to pay, so I guess I'll pass *cries* so that means you can start working on Kate's order :) don't worry tho my birthday is coming up I can beg my parents to get me a proper bank account so that I can use PayPal :cheerleader:

If anything changes please let me know, ok? I would be more then happy to make you a plushy! :D

Would love to get my Mum one of our old husky for her birthday :)

Do you have a picture or two? I'll go ahead and get started on a plushy for you. I already have white, black, gray and light blue felt so I need to know if I need to find another color. They don't have much of a variety of felt colors, but i'll certainly do my best to match. :)

Sure thing! :D

I am going to make everyones plushies in the order they replied to my post. That way I don't get overwhelmed making a bunch of plushies at once, and can focus on making them as good as I can. :)

ã‚りãÂ΋¨ã† !!!! (I hope that is right..I used to work for a Japanese company) :D

Do you have a picture or two? I'll go ahead and get started on a plushy for you. I already have white, black, gray and light blue felt so I need to know if I need to find another color. They don't have much of a variety of felt colors, but i'll certainly do my best to match. :)

I don't, sadly :( we had him in the days before digital cameras and all his photos are in albums/boxes at my parents. But he was black and white, with brown eyes :) his name was Boomer, if that can be translated!

If you put a message on my profile doodah when he's done I'll send you my email for PayPal :D excited now! oh, and postage is to the UK so you can calculate it :)