My kitty is sick :(

My 9 year old cat Akasha is sick shes been throwing up for 3 days so I took her to the vet because she was very dehydrated. Vet just said shes a very sick kitty and needs blood work done. So since I cant afford it for now she just re-hydrated her and sent me home with some medicine and wet food. She was doing better when she got home but shes still not eating, the medicine we got was supposed to give her an appetite but it hasnt she just threw up again and shes just laying in the crate :( I dunno what else to do...I'm thinking about using a syringe to feed her some wet food mixed with water or something

I think a syringe would be an excellent idea. Have you offered her more than "kitty food", like chicken or tuna, or crackers? You could also ensure hydration with some of those kids pedialyte melt on your tongue tabs.

I am so sorry to hear about this. I had a horrid experience about 9yrs ago when I could not afford the vet for my cat Murphy, it still haunts me that I could not do for her what was needed. My thoughts go out to you, but keep on trying. I am lucky to have found a vet that we have had for years and years now that except billing to us. Is there any place you may know that could do this for you? Payday cash advance? (not that I am one to talk on this, as I just went through Chapter 7 last year, but it has save my ass more than once:)).

BUG HUGS:cry1:

Poor kitty. I don't really know what to suggest other than feeding little amounts regularly and ensuring water is being drank. I guess you're probably doing that anyway, sorry I can't help you properly.

Hopefully you'll have some luck with the syringe. X

She was throwing up more last night :( she still seems pretty hydrated but im going to see if my mom will lend me some money for pedialyte. I force syringe fed her som a/d soft food this morning Im hoping she keeps it down. At this point her throwing up could be because she hasnt eaten anything. I just cant win :P usually my cat Enkil is the one throwing up his food all the time so we just switched food and hes doing well and Akasha isn't. She wont touch any kind of food right now tho :/ The Mirtazapine she got didnt even seem to make her hungry :(

Me too. Shes still throwing up and its been 4 days. I managed to borrow some money for the blood work and it turned out good. Her liver is fine and her kidneys are fine. They want to do an X-ray thats $115 Ive already spent over $300 and if shes got something stuck and needs surgery I dont think I can afford it atm...Im so lost I dont know what to do. Vet said if shes not eating by the middle/end of the week I should put her down :( Ive never had an animal for as long as ive had Akasha she means the world to me I dont know what to do :cry1:

See if your vet has and can give her a shot of Cerenia - it helps with the nausea. The a/d is a good food, if you can keep it in her, but her system may be so upset that pretty much anything is a problem with it.

I hope that she comes around - big hugs! :grouphug:

She had cerenia today but was still throwing up. I was also force feeding her the a/d food but she doesnt keep anything down :/ If it turns out to be a blockage I hope its an easy fix as im running low on funds >.< im going to apply for a vet financial assistance. Seems like things like these always pop up when your not prepared or anywhere near a pay day >.<

Sorry about your kitty, its always when you least are prepared isn't it. I agree with what others have said, and Sutsibe, Cerenia and make sure water is taken in to stave dehydration which is the higher threat. We have you in our thoughts, and I hope you get funds, I know how it can be with veterinary costs as Sammy our Red Heeler had Lyme Disease. You and your kitty will be in our thoughts, Michelle

Well good news :P Akasha has been up and about she jumped up on the counter in the bathroom to get a drink! she drank some and didnt throw up! then she walked to the kitchen and jumped up there to get a drink and drank some then went to the living room and drank out of Marius' water :D