New computer parts..........

Dunc

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH I just helped a neighbour out, setting up her laptop on BT broadband, a few doors down from where I'm going to be living in a few months. I did a Broadband speed test she's getting 0.5mb per second. . . !!!!!!! WTF

How the hell am I supposed to survive on half a MB speeds. . .Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :groan::(:facepalm::rip::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1:

AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHHH I just helped a neighbour out, setting up her laptop on BT broadband, a few doors down from where I'm going to be living in a few months. I did a Broadband speed test she's getting 0.5mb per second. . . !!!!!!! WTF

How the hell am I supposed to survive on half a MB speeds. . .Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :groan::(:facepalm::rip::arghh::arghh::arghh::arghh::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1::cry1:

Would check on the BT site and see what speed she should expect. May be a line problem. Very very few people only get half a meg these days unless your new place is in the middle of nowhere

Would check on the BT site and see what speed she should expect. May be a line problem. Very very few people only get half a meg these days unless your new place is in the middle of nowhere

Nope this place is the back end of nowhere. . . they don't even get Freeview until April this year. . . . !!!!!!!

it's 5 miles from the nearest exchange is why the speeds are so low.

No cable. . . !!!!

No fibre optic !!!!

no goddamn speed. . . sigh.

Looks it to me..... Also found when googling about to make sure you get an "Active" displayport adaptor. Apparently you can get higher resolution than what you would if you get one thats none active.

The monitor your getting had HDMI in it so just link it up via hdmi no need to get a HDMI > DVI adapter.

That is what I was going to do but to run 3 monitors with 3 different screens the only way is by using the adapter as well other wise 2 of the screens would have the same content, thanks for the input though Leo :)

That is what I was going to do but to run 3 monitors with 3 different screens the only way is by using the adapter as well other wise 2 of the screens would have the same content, thanks for the input though Leo :)

I cant see why you cant just use 1 through HDMI and the other two through DVI, Whats what I do I have 6 Monitors and 2 of mine are HDMI 1 is VGA and 3 are DVI.

I cant see why you cant just use 1 through HDMI and the other two through DVI, Whats what I do I have 6 Monitors and 2 of mine are HDMI 1 is VGA and 3 are DVI.

You must be running some gear there m8 because with 1 vid card like the ones above you can only get 2 different screens without using the display port adaptor.

To Be Fair I do Run Quad Cards.

That be why you can do what I can't :)

HDMI is NOT the same as DVI, as it does not support all the resolutions, eg 1920x1200. With the ATI cards I believe you have to use the DisplayPort if you want to enable a third screen; if you use the HDMI port, you lose one of the DVI ports.

That be why you can do what I can't :)

HDMI is NOT the same as DVI, as it does not support all the resolutions, eg 1920x1200. With the ATI cards I believe you have to use the DisplayPort if you want to enable a third screen; if you use the HDMI port, you lose one of the DVI ports.

HDMI is perfectly capable of transmitting 1920 x 1200 My Projector is linked to my Media Center which does 1920 x 1200 Resolution. I also have monitors linked at work with HDMI that do 1920 x 1200 and over.

The EDID Just has to be disabled and forced to display the resolution you wish as long as the monitor supports this. Also had to do this on my Father in-laws Media set-up I did for him on his Nvidia Card.

HDMI is perfectly capable of transmitting 1920 x 1200 My Projector is linked to my Media Center which does 1920 x 1200 Resolution. I also have monitors linked at work with HDMI that do 1920 x 1200 and over.

The EDID Just has to be disabled and forced to display the resolution you wish as long as the monitor supports this. Also had to do this on my Father in-laws Media set-up I did for him on his Nvidia Card.

Yeah I already have this setup on now 1 monitor and my tv on 1929 x 1200 separate screens it seems the problem cause is installing a 3rd monitor as I said before :)

Marc just a thought...... and you Leo if you know .........

This computer of mine as a Ixtreme m3720 graphics card built onboard so there is nothing using my PCI- express port.

So my question is can I use the onboard graphics card for the monitor I have now and the new PCI card to run the new monitor and TV, one on HDMI PORT the other on DVI port ?