Sibes in their Golden years..... Golden Oldie award

This is specially for our older sibes to enter :)

Now we are having a few more older generations of sibes join I thought it would be nice to have this to see who everyone thinks deserves to have the Golden Oldie award :D

For this one all you have to do is enter a photo of your sibe/s in their Golden years and tell us how old they are now :) Again once we have a few entries I will put the poll up so we can all vote for who should have the Golden Oldie award :D

Rules:

Golden Oldies only

One photo per older sibe (if you have 2 sibes but only one is in their Golden years then only one photo can be entered, but if you have 2 or more sibes who are in their golden years then you may enter a photo of each of them :))

No voting for your own photos as the won't be counted

Best of luck everyone

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is my Nikita being his pouncy, bouncy self. This pic was taken in late Jan 09, when he was 15 years and 8+ mos old. Today, he is 16 years and 3+ months old. Was a tossup between this pic and one I have of him doing his last 5k in December! He keeps up with my 16-MONTH old husky! :)

post-431-13585943582337_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here is my Nikita being his pouncy, bouncy self. This pic was taken in late Jan 09, when he was 15 years and 8+ mos old. Today, he is 16 years and 3+ months old. Was a tossup between this pic and one I have of him doing his last 5k in December! He keeps up with my 16-MONTH old husky! :)

WOW Cathy he looks great for his age .What do you feed him on?

• 3 weeks later...

WOW Cathy he looks great for his age .What do you feed him on?

Whoooops, so sorry for the delay on the reply, I hadn't seen your question.

Well, I hate to answer honestly, because everybody is going to cringe, but Nikita has eaten Purina One dry food his entire life. Now that I'm a bit more educated (from browsing this forum and the dog food analysis site link) I do mix in a little bit of Taste of the Wild for him, but at this point, if he lived to be 16.5 years while eating the stuff, how bad can it be? I've decided if it ain't broke, don't fix it! :confused:

We have never fed him table scraps and only occasionally feed treats; not sure if that has anything to do with it. (Both of our guys have been trained through praise motivation rather than food, except for the command "Come!")

• 2 weeks later...