Hello

Luna

Hi everyone

I am fostering a beautiful Husky girl for a few weeks whilst it is determined whether she needs a new home due to a child's allergy...

Although i've read lots about them on "google" i thought i would join here and get some advice or just read what other huskies get up to.

I also have a 5 year old Dogue de Bordeaux named Leala and have recently lost my other mastiff boy Saxon :(

This is Luna

P8020589.jpg

P8020596.jpg

I've already learned they like to cloimb:bananen_smilies012:

Guest AllenM

Hi and welcome, she is beautiful , im sure you will find lots of help and support on the site, they really are an amzing bunch of people as ive recently found out myself.

wow what a stunning girl. i need to stop coming here, i want more huskies, more more more and more lol.

i hope it all gets sorted for her.

i woudl think a husky is one of the breeds that would cause less allergies as they dont loose so much hair as most dogs

Hi Luna,

You are very welcome,this is a smashing site choc full of Siberian Husky enthusiasts who will help wherever humanly possible, :)

She looks lovely from your photos,in fact an uncanny mix of my girls Peiper & Sky....

Do you know how old she is and anything of her background etc ?

I'm sure there are HO people from all around the country who will assist if they can.Whereabouts are you ?

Best Always,

Kevin & The Girls :bullseye:

Hi and thanks all.

Her owners are known to us and she is a very very much loved girl with impeccable manners. Luna is an absolute sweetheart - very gentle and calm xx

She is 2 years old.

I'm in the Midlands...and my name is Keeley - not sure if i mentioned that, lol.

Hi Keeley,

We have some very active members on here from the Midlands,so you will not be short of practical help if you need it :)

She looks well cared for from the photos,does she get on well with Leala ?

I hope all works out and the allergy doesn't prevent her from going home as I'm sure she must be missed.

Let me know if there is anything I can do,no questions are too daft when it comes to Sibes...

Sorry to hear about the loss of Saxon.

Best Always,

Kevin & The Girls :bullseye:

Hi Keeley, welcome to the pack :) She is stunning!! must admit i've found huskies to be one of the best breeds to have if you have allergies so it may not be her?

Sorry to hear about Saxon, that must be hard, husky hugs to you.

Look forward to seeing you around, feel free to ask away :)

:wave:thanks all

It is hard with Saxxy but we fostered a 7wk pup last week and now we have Luna so we are keeping busy :7:

If it isn't her then she can go back home but docs won't do more tests until it is ruled out...

She has been very well cared for indeed - actually how often should i be brushed? I think he said he did it everyday but i haven't as yet seen evidence of her needing that much :o

And yes Kevin she gets on with Leala...not so sure about leala getting on with her, lol. Leala is a very dominant girl who's normally not great with older girls but she is tolerating Luna very well and Luna is completely non-confrontational with her :clap:

They play out on the walks but not in the house together just yet. Luna only came on Sunday so it's very early days.

Hey Keeley and Luna welcome to the pack :)

Sorry to hear about Saxon. Feel free to add saxon to Rainbow Ridge if you would like

Feel free to ask questions, if you are allowed to, we have many meet ups throughout the year (Number 3 is coming up end of october) if you were intested to come along, would be great to meet you :)

well there are different views on huskies and brushing,

i brush our 2 every day, because they are white and end up looking grubby, especially micha who loves to get as dirty as possible.

i found this on ehow dont know how true it is though

Brush your Siberian Husky twice a week with a slicker brush, followed by combing with a coarse or medium steel comb. Huskies' coats are extremely dense, so it's important to remove any shed hair from the undercoat and topcoat.

thank you, so i can use my medium furminator on her for removing the undercoat and go over with the slicker?

They have such different coats to ours...

When i say MY medium furminator - i mean Leala's;);)

I would love to come to a meet but it depends if she is still here with us then. We have her until the end of August and then we just have to see what happens then:eek:

thank you

i've just found out just how good the furminators are on her;)

In fairness though...more heair came out of Leala than Luna (it's confusing suddenly having another "L" name in the house!!!)

We are in Dudley :)

Right i'm going to try and add some pics to an albumn....see if i can work out this site as it's different to the other one i'm on!! lol