X-Box games

Rosemary

My husband decided to treat himself and bought a X-box 360. He then decided that the resolution (?) on our TV was not good enough and bought a 42" TV to go with it :rolleyes:

My duaghter now wants to buy him a game for Christmas - she knows they are quite expensive, so I told her I would try and find out what games you all play.

He received Battlefield 3, Forza Motorsport and Crysis 2 as part of the X-box package.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Just thought has he got one of those packages that he can play other people on line. I find it strange walking past my kids rooms and they are chatting away to people on their headsets playing x-box games. It's some sort of license Nix would know.

xbox live account - u can get silver or gold =gold is the best n u can renew it automatically with ur card details - its only about £35 for the year and u can buy xbox live points to buy exclusive content and download games /extras

Not a clue, but I hope you have another TV so you can watch all the Christmas repeats. Glad your hubby doesn't live anywhere near my eldest son, he's got surround sound on his TV as well. It sounds like WWIII sometimes coming from his room.

He has surround sound hooked up as well, and no, we only have the one TV :(

what sort of things does he like?

Sarah he is a bit of a closet sadist - he seems to get a kick out of shooting people. He would love something with aerial combat.

Just thought has he got one of those packages that he can play other people on line. I find it strange walking past my kids rooms and they are chatting away to people on their headsets playing x-box games. It's some sort of license Nix would know.

He got a three month free subscription with the X-box - I am not sure about that though. We only have 4Gigs internet a month. Don't know how much he would use up if he played online - anybody have any idea how many GB you should have to play online?

Thanks Nix, we will have a look at those as well :)

He has surround sound hooked up as well, and no, we only have the one TV :(

Sarah he is a bit of a closet sadist - he seems to get a kick out of shooting people. He would love something with aerial combat.

He got a three month free subscription with the X-box - I am not sure about that though. We only have 4Gigs internet a month. Don't know how much he would use up if he played online - anybody have any idea how many GB you should have to play online?

Thanks Nix, we will have a look at those as well :)

ill find out for u :)

erm theresa new grand theft auto out soon he might like - pre order it ASAP tho otherwiseu wont get a copy for ages

saints row (theres 3 out)

and he would deffo like call of duty if he likes shooting people lol

I have just bought Skyrim which luckily for me is on half price offer over here at the mo :) It is a sort of adventure puzzle and kill nasties all rolled into one lol. It is a big game so lasts a long time. A recent but probably a bit cheaper but will be a classic racing game is Grand Tourismo. A lot of blokes like that. Call of duty is a war/battle shoot them and kill them type of game. It all depends what type he likes. What films does he like as it might throw some light on it. I am thinking non puzzle type of game as he likes from what you said games with good graphics. Puzzle games dont tend to need that.

My husband decided to treat himself and bought a X-box 360. He then decided that the resolution (?) on our TV was not good enough and bought a 42" TV to go with it :rolleyes:

My duaghter now wants to buy him a game for Christmas - she knows they are quite expensive, so I told her I would try and find out what games you all play.

He received Battlefield 3, Forza Motorsport and Crysis 2 as part of the X-box package.

Any suggestions will be appreciated :)

Depends what kinds of games he's into. I can suggest a few that he would like based on the games included with it...and based on what I like also!

Call of Duty (1,2, or 3...though it sorta goes in order.) --WWII war game

Halo: Reach (or Halo 3) -- Futuristic war game

Ace Combat: Assault Horizon --Fighter plane war game/strategy.

Fable 2 or 3 - Roleplaying/Fantasy

Assassin's Creed (1, 2, or 3)

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim --Roleplaying/adventure/action game. VERY addicting and would ruin his social life. LOL

Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim --Roleplaying/adventure/action game. VERY addicting and would ruin his social life. LOL

Looks like you and me going to be very antisocial then with the world. I love the whole series. I ended up getting the PC version though as it has more options than on the consoles and also will be expandable....................thus making me even more anti social :doglaugh:

Looks like you and me going to be very antisocial then with the world. I love the whole series. I ended up getting the PC version though as it has more options than on the consoles and also will be expandable....................thus making me even more anti social :doglaugh:

Yeah, I started into the series with III because I was attracted to BloodMoon. I got the PC version too, because you can download user-made mods and stuff for it.

How sad do we sound :D :D and a girl too OMG its like a look of amazement on some blokes faces when you start talking to them in the game shops over here pmsl. One bloke even said to me, you do realise its a big game and it prob wont work as you need a powerful graphics card lol. Poor bloke nearly died when I answered him lol.

How sad do we sound :D :D and a girl too OMG its like a look of amazement on some blokes faces when you start talking to them in the game shops over here pmsl. One bloke even said to me, you do realise its a big game and it prob wont work as you need a powerful graphics card lol. Poor bloke nearly died when I answered him lol.

ROFL - I know! If it so happens to come out in a conversation that I usually built a computer or 2 a year (for my Dad's business), they usually have a heart attack at that point! I'm pretty sure my computer is well prepared, it ran Crysis 2 on full graphics with NO problems (I believe the FPS was around 150?). It's a Dual-Core Intel, 2.0 GHz but its overclocked to 3.5-4.0 GHz depending. The graphics card is overclocked as well and I increased the speed of the frontside bus. (okay, I'll shutup now. :) )

Oh I think I spent 200+ hours on Oblivion. Now I'm on Skyrim and I'm looking forward to Christmas vacation so I can stay up all night playing. :hehe: My husband just bought Modern Warfare and moved our tv from the bedroom to the living room so we could sit side by side and play on our two xbox's. We are sick I tell ya. My daughters actually enjoy watching me play Skyrim (and shouting out orders for me to do).