Shura dont like food

Ok im sorry for spam post about this bt we tryed shura with that frozen food from pets at home we used rabit tand she ate it really well at first now it seems like shes gone off it and we brought a new flavor ofm kibble she ate it a first now she dont. its like she saying ive had it now dont want it again. am confused also she wont eat sometimes unless 1 or 2 of us stand with her. Any Ideas xx

lol i have the same problems with Odin he wont touch raw meat, turns his nose up at bones, he's had kibble now wont touch, i've tried so many even tins of food which he will eat so now i have all of them and i alternate each day, i switch and swop it's such a pain.

he wont eat meat unless i cook it then take off the bone about the only thing he will eat straight away is veg ffs my dogs a veggy.

i'll just keep trying i gotta find some thing he likes one day, but even though he's a fussy eater he's a big boy so he's getting some thing out of it i guess.

lol Shuras just strange i mean she hungry coz she wines and crys when theres food about but when you give her, her food she dont eat it then she stats again the only thing she eats is grass mud and bones lol but i cant tell it shes at the right wieght she seems fine in her self xx

odins the same i put it down and if he dont eat it or start to in 5 mins i take it away and give it him an hour later and i do the same again if he dont eat in the end it goes or some does. he's starting to realize i will take it so he's getting a little better now.

so give it a try take it away and try later good luck x

i think because you also keep changing what food you are giving her, you may be creating a fussy monster! We changed Eika's food from Royal Canin to Burns, because she went about two weeks without eating hardly anything...we've had a couple days where she will turn her nose up, but we have been mixing some Nature Diet into her kibble, and she will eat that and her kibble...

I would stick to one thing, with maybe the addition of some wet food...and do as Linda says, take the food away, and don't give it to her until the next meal time. She will soon realise that she needs to eat then and there or she won't eat for a few hours.

Ok im sorry for spam post about this bt we tryed shura with that frozen food from pets at home we used rabit tand she ate it really well at first now it seems like shes gone off it and we brought a new flavor ofm kibble she ate it a first now she dont. its like she saying ive had it now dont want it again. am confused also she wont eat sometimes unless 1 or 2 of us stand with her. Any Ideas xx

We had this problem with our 3 at first the would scoff it down and then they would refuse to eat it. We found by rotating the flavours it kept them interested.

Even on the BARF diet they will occasionaly get bored of eating a certain meat for a while. When we first started it and was feeding mainly chicken and turkey they did get bored of it but as soon as we started introducing more meats they became much better eating their meat now they have more variety.

My 3 get a different meat each day, mostly poultry meat but we do it so they get chicken one day and then say beef the next day then a different meat and then we may feed them chicken again, etc etc

You need to think, would you want to be fed the same thing every day? Like us, dogs like a variety too :)

EDIT: I had best specify, when I say variety i mean just with flavours not food brands! For example if you feed james well beloved swap the flavour of that brand now and then for her.

i think because you also keep changing what food you are giving her, you may be creating a fussy monster! We changed Eika's food from Royal Canin to Burns, because she went about two weeks without eating hardly anything...we've had a couple days where she will turn her nose up, but we have been mixing some Nature Diet into her kibble, and she will eat that and her kibble...

I would stick to one thing, with maybe the addition of some wet food...and do as Linda says, take the food away, and don't give it to her until the next meal time. She will soon realise that she needs to eat then and there or she won't eat for a few hours.

just what i was going to say lol great advice added to rep :)

We had this problem with our 3 at first the would scoff it down and then they would refuse to eat it. We found by rotating the flavours it kept them interested.

Even on the BARF diet they will occasionaly get bored of eating a certain meat for a while. When we first started it and was feeding mainly chicken and turkey they did get bored of it but as soon as we started introducing more meats they became much better eating their meat now they have more variety.

My 3 get a different meat each day, mostly poultry meat but we do it so they get chicken one day and then say beef the next day then a different meat and then we may feed them chicken again, etc etc

You need to think, would you want to be fed the same thing every day? Like us, dogs like a variety too :)

EDIT: I had best specify, when I say variety i mean just with flavours not food brands! For example if you feed james well beloved swap the flavour of that brand now and then for her.

Great advice added to rep :)

Cas as ive told you before you should just stick to one brand of dry food >>> but i see you didn't take my advice...not being mean but i have had this problem with Alaska, ...you have 2 options

1 - switch her food around until your blue in the face AND broke

2 - OR stick it out, let her play the game "Im going to starve myself until mummy changes it again" and then when shes hungry and gotton over the fact she aint getting anything else >> she will eat trust me!!!

But i cant keep on saying it, but it will work if you actually try it :)

Good luck

good points Ice, added to rep

another thing with sibes not to forget is they are very good at training their owners!!! Be careful if she is off her food as she actually be doing the famous siberian tricks of the trade to get what SHE wants and not what YOU want.

Have you tried giving her a time limit to eat? If not put the food down for her as normal and leave it for about 5-10 minutes and if she hasn't finished or hadn't eaten take it away until its her next meal time and put the same food down again. Obviously this is easiest with dry food as meat and wet foods will go off if left too long.

ditto .... Myshka's always been, what we thought, a fussy eater - NO, she was being a stubborn husky playing us! She now eats kibble no problem and if it's left, she gets it next feed! We add different meats to it occasionally too, to keep her interested!