Hello from Arkansas

Hi! I'm Becca, and in one week I will be the extremely happy owner of Gambit, a 1.5 year old male Husky. I was lucky enough to have a husky briefly when I was young, and knew that I would get another as soon as I was (a) done with my undergraduate course work and (b)in a house. My plan was to get a dog in September, after the move and after I'd settled into teaching/ grad classes, but of course my plans went awry! I found Gambit on Petfinder.com, and was shocked to learn that he was only being given one more week at a shelter in Oklahoma, about four hours from here. So, I'll be welcoming my husky into my life a little earlier than planned, but at least he'll have more training by the time classes start. :)

About me: I'm a graduate student at the University of Arkansas, in the English department- my focus will be Renaissance Poetry. I volunteer at the Fayetteville Animal Shelter twice a week as a dog walker, and help my friend with the foster dogs he takes out. I also never know what to tell people about myself...

About Gambit: Gambit is a dark charcoal, almost black, with what I think of as "typical" white husky marks. By all accounts (and I've called enough that I think the rescue is sick of me), he is a sweet, calm boy...except with regards to cats. ;) He has one brown eye and one blue, and currently weighs just under 70 pounds.

We are both excited to start living together and excited to hear from other husky owners!

Hello Becca and family welcome to the pack.

Gambit sounds lovely, cant wait to see some pics :D cool name too

feel free to ask any questions, we have many members on here who are all more than happy to share their knowledge on the breed :) join in with the laughs too :D

Hiya Becca, welcome to the pack!!

Congrats on rehoming a sibe - bet you're soooo excited!!! Can't wait to see some pictures :D

AL though the forum is centred around huskies we also have a good laugh and make friends very quickly here so please feel free to jump right in and make yourself at home :)

Look forward to seeing you around and getting to know you xx

Oh what a lucky Husky! Welcome to the pack. Yes, we can't wait to see pics. All Huskies are beautiful, but there's none so beautiful as your own. And kudos to you for rescuing a Husky.

Hmm...if I've accomplished what I was trying to accomplish, this should give the photos that the rescue had for Gambit. Just wanted to share, I'll have good pictures of us together soon.

awwww he is gorgeous!!!!!!! You must be so excited to get him home :D

Looking forward to seeing more pics of you both together :)