Utah

Laine

While I am no longer with my ex, I got to know her dogs very well when I was with her. Though I only met her "foundation" dogs for one month, it was the best month I'd ever had with dogs.

So it's heartbreaking to find out not only a dog I knew well, but loved, even after our break-up, has passed.

Utah of Copper Creek; possibly one of the best dogs I've known. His gentleness, his kindness, his dignity and absolutely loving nature was inspirational. If only more dogs were like him. This was a husky that would daintily move around cats and curl up with them - or let them curl up on him - to sleep. Yet in the harness ready to pull he was a monster with a won't quit drive to run. His voice was taken from him by owners when he was young, and yet that didn't stop him from trying to scream "Let's Go!" every time he saw that red x-back. At 8, when I knew him, he still acted so much younger.

The only dog I know of - so far - to headbutt like my cats do when he wants to be loved.

I'll never forget you, Tee-ah. Never.

Zhai'helleva...

Keep Arizona company for me, old man.

Eyes of Utah.

9974a61f5690ce8048c44c9538ff81fb.jpg

The Team as I knew them 2 years ago.

Back to front: Yeti, Utah, Rift, Denali (now Oak and running with Gealach Mor ), Yukon, Fargo.

DSCF0552.jpg

Utah and Yeti resting while out on a run.

DSCF0570.jpg

I think the "good" for this is that you guys get it and I'm not afraid to say I'm crying over this to you. Other people around me on the other hand...

I would'a given anything to hug him and get one of his head toss/headbutt's from him one last time.

Ah crud... *goes off to cry and do litter boxes*