Linux Vs. Windows Vs. OS X - An unbiased comparison

TreyRust

LOL - I got owned.

But seriously, IMO Mac OSX is the best. Kicks Window's butt - although I have no opinion on Linux, OSX and Linux are basically weaved from the same cloth. (Or however the saying goes.)

OS X is based on the unix kernal, that's were the similarities end. Linux goes north, OSX goes south.

What I mean by that is, linux let's you do anything you want, whether its a good idea or not. It gives you the power. In OS X you have to do things apples way, or else.

To paraphrase, OSX is an overprotective parent, and Linux relies on tough love. Windows is somewhere in between.

On windows right now because I'm a little frustrated with the direction ubuntu is taking, and trying to find an alternative distro. I don't mind windows, or linux. Both work for me. I doubt I would get along well with OS X, because I support computer anarchy.

I've used all 3 (If your using the general sense of there being "3") at different points in my life and theres benefits and faults of each, but quite happy using OSX for now though to be honest. Never felt limited by it and for day to day usage its nice to be able to just turn it on and not worry and enjoy the usability benefits. If I need to get serious theres always the Terminal, and If I need Windows or Linux for specific things its only a VM or Partition away....

Back on subject.... a Rick rolling was not called for!

There's no "best OS" only the "OS that suits this person the best". And for me that's Linux because of it's openness and customizability. I have 11 OSes installed in our network and 9 of them are Linux. Both for the desktop, laptop and as a server.

Geek :P

LOL - I got owned.

But seriously, IMO Mac OSX is the best. Kicks Window's butt - although I have no opinion on Linux, OSX and Linux are basically weaved from the same cloth. (Or however the saying goes.)

you are just the worst kind of person! :P

but like Jos different OSs suits different needs, for me Windows sits perfectly, our network consists of a mix of Linux based Systems and Windows based Systems.

all clients are win7 enterprise as standard though, some clients use OSx for their development work though.

Have used MacOS and Windows.

Never really got on with MacOS, Windows has. . . . . g r a d u a l l y

got better.

Never used Linux but heard good things about it.