Need some ideas!

Jessica Holt

Ok... So we get the AKC papers from the breeder finally and now I am online trying to register. Everything is fine and dandy until I come across MY DOGS NAME BEING ALREADY TAKEN!!!. I can not just rename her...

We named her Pandora, but we call her Dora, it really fit with how she is the super explorer and can not keep her nose out of anything for nothing. I know breeders always give their dogs fancy names and especially if they are going to be show dogs. I NEED IDEAS what I could name this dog... So far Pandora's Mischief has come to mind as well as Pandora's Hope.

HELP! :)

Well the breeder's were out in Emporia KS, Don and Judy. I think the name of their kennel is just D & J Siberian Huskies. The Mothers name was Firefox and the Fathers name was Scooby. So by that ruling it would be D & J's Pandora of Scooby? :D haha. What about something like D & J's Pandora of Emporia :P Oh dear I am so lost.

Were you planning on using their kennel name? That might solve the problem. Otherwise, add something on that you like, perhaps one of the ideas you came up with above. I've in the past used part of a parent's name or had a generational theme going.

I rather like Pandora's Hope - as I recall, once Pandora opened the box, all that was left was Hope, correct?

Well the breeder's were out in Emporia KS, Don and Judy. I think the name of their kennel is just D & J Siberian Huskies. The Mothers name was Firefox and the Fathers name was Scooby. So by that ruling it would be D & J's Pandora of Scooby? :D haha. What about something like D & J's Pandora of Emporia :P Oh dear I am so lost.

Yeah, the Scooby thing is a little disappointing. lol. The Emporia thing would be better than Scooby do. Keep in mind, there aren't any laws stating the registration name has to be this or that. I may be wrong, but aren't they usually registered before the puppies are released? If so, then if your like me, the registration name would be totally meanless. I've NEVER bred so I don't know. I have all my dogs papers filed where they are likely to sit for the next twenty years until they get thrown away.

Were you planning on using their kennel name? That might solve the problem. Otherwise, add something on that you like, perhaps one of the ideas you came up with above. I've in the past used part of a parent's name or had a generational theme going.

I rather like Pandora's Hope - as I recall, once Pandora opened the box, all that was left was Hope, correct?

Yep! Hope was all that was left. That is where I got that from :)

Yeah, the Scooby thing is a little disappointing. lol. The Emporia thing would be better than Scooby do. Keep in mind, there aren't any laws stating the registration name has to be this or that. I may be wrong, but aren't they usually registered before the puppies are released? If so, then if your like me, the registration name would be totally meanless. I've NEVER bred so I don't know. I have all my dogs papers filed where they are likely to sit for the next twenty years until they get thrown away.

The litter is registered, but for her to be able to go into any kind of competition she needs to be registered individually I believe. This application basically will get us the 3 generation certified pedigree along with a few other bells and whistles like the AKC family dog magazine and some training DVD :) I am new to this... I am surprised I even got my papers really. I am glad there are still loyal breeders out there that keep their word.

The full name of the Father was ... Scooby Doo the Mystery Pup. I could maybe work with Mystery but I really do not want Scooby anywhere near my dogs registered name. There is also the option of just going with J&D's Pandora. My name is Jessica and my fiance is Dan... The same initials as the breeder.

If you're going to show her I'd go with something like D&J's Pandora's Hope. If not then Pandora's Hope sound like it would be fine (' course I don't breed, I'm just tossing in my two cents worth.)

You gonna pin yourself on the members map? I'm trying to make it look like there are a few more of us "Yanks" around .... try http://www.husky-owners.com/forum/memberMap/ I'm the pin that's all by my lonesome down in southwest Texas.

Do you know, were her parents shown? I don't want to hurt your feelings at all, so please, please don't take what I'm saying as hurtful - I don't mean it that way at all! If you want to show a dog in conformation, you really need to buy a pup from show lines, otherwise, it will be incredibly discouraging! My dogs are a mix of sledding and show lines, and it's quite difficult to win with a dog that isn't the same style as what IS winning in the ring. Some of the show breeders and exhibitors can be quite brutal, if you have a dog they consider 'only a pet', too. If you want to do obedience, rally or agility, it shouldn't make as big a difference, although that said, if the parents have been successful in one of those sports, there's a better chance the offspring will, too...

Do you know, were her parents shown? I don't want to hurt your feelings at all, so please, please don't take what I'm saying as hurtful - I don't mean it that way at all! If you want to show a dog in conformation, you really need to buy a pup from show lines, otherwise, it will be incredibly discouraging! My dogs are a mix of sledding and show lines, and it's quite difficult to win with a dog that isn't the same style as what IS winning in the ring. Some of the show breeders and exhibitors can be quite brutal, if you have a dog they consider 'only a pet', too. If you want to do obedience, rally or agility, it shouldn't make as big a difference, although that said, if the parents have been successful in one of those sports, there's a better chance the offspring will, too...

Not taking it a bad way. We only have limited registration, she is not eligible for breeding. The kennel we got her from what I know, did not show dogs. This dog does seem REALLY smart for her age though. I just want to find a name that's going to be respectable if later down the line we do do some type of event no matter what it is.

I am really unsure what a judge looks for or what makes a dog proper for the breed but I love her either way :) I've gotten so many compliments on her I would be surprised a judge didn't like her if it ever got to that, but we really do not plan on going that route. The main thing that has surprised me is how big she is getting so fast. Her 9 week vet visit she was 11 lbs 8 oz and at that point the vet said she was large for 9 weeks, not fat, just a bigger dog... So Wednesday she turns 12 weeks old and right now I do not have a scale in the house but shes probably around 20 lbs. I am glad she figured out how to get up and down the stairs cause carrying her up and down them all day was getting to be a workout!

184004_10150278087068528_614743527_7770074_8272493_n.jpg

no idea but i like pandoras hope :)

we named blaze ourself too (well we chose the name but the breeder did the registering - he is called Blazing thunder

skyla came with her name from her breeder but it suits her amazingly - shes - wonderful white bear - which is mad cuz she is like a lil white polarbear - n she really is pefect - so obedient n clever :)

Not taking it a bad way. We only have limited registration, she is not eligible for breeding. The kennel we got her from what I know, did not show dogs. This dog does seem REALLY smart for her age though. I just want to find a name that's going to be respectable if later down the line we do do some type of event no matter what it is.

Yes, with Limited Registration you wouldn't be able to show in conformation without getting her breeder to change to full registration - white Siberians are really difficult to win with, anyway. :( By how smart you say she is, the two of you should do fantastic in obedience, rally and agility, though. Wishing you the best of luck with her!

Having had a "Hope" - whom I loved dearly! - I particularly like "Pandora's Hope"!