Really bad sky?

Is anyone with SKY for their internet? If you are how bad is your internet connection?

Mine will die loads of times throught the day and night, and there is no possible way that its because its 'peak time' theres never a set time that it will go off, it can happen at 1am, 4pm, 11am, anything.

We called SKY up and they said the only possible reason why it would be THAT bad is because the ADSL filter is broken or faulty, so we changed it and it still does it! Does anyone else have this problem?

I know that it could depend on the area, the time of day, the number of people using it etc etc, but it really is terrible!

Any help???

never have a problem.

overheating of the adsl modem can cause problems, is it sat with plenty of room about it with natural airflow? mine used to sit on the floor and drop out a few times a day i moved it onto the window ledge and problem solved.

is your wifi secure? do you need a password to connect first time? if someone is piggy backing it and eating your bandwidth it can cause problems.

are you using a bittorrent program, wheny ou are not downloading anything they can upload at your maximum allowance which kills your download speed.

have you checked your system for spyware? spyware can access your internet

are you using your WiFi to connect or wired? WiFi can drop out from interference from electrical items.

Is anyone with SKY for their internet? If you are how bad is your internet connection?

Mine will die loads of times throught the day and night, and there is no possible way that its because its 'peak time' theres never a set time that it will go off, it can happen at 1am, 4pm, 11am, anything.

We called SKY up and they said the only possible reason why it would be THAT bad is because the ADSL filter is broken or faulty, so we changed it and it still does it! Does anyone else have this problem?

I know that it could depend on the area, the time of day, the number of people using it etc etc, but it really is terrible!

Any help???

If thats the case then ring them back.. Over and over until it gets sorted.

We had problems with ours and I did exactly this. We now have no disconnections at all and a fairly decent speed for the area we are in.

If thats the case then ring them back.. Over and over until it gets sorted.

We had problems with ours and I did exactly this. We now have no disconnections at all and a fairly decent speed for the area we are in.

I would but it just bugs me so much how they never know the problem so just pass you on to other people, never understand what they say much anyway so you just end up getting more annoyed :(

Might try again sometime next week

I had Sky when I lived in a flat, never had a problem with them, do there seem to be any sort of correlations when it disconnects, e.g at my rents the PC used to disconnect when the ps3 got turned on a connected wirelessly to the router

No doesnt seem to be anything like that. Does it sometimes when i log on here but not always