killer chicken wings according to the vet

just taken the doggies for shots, he asked what food they were on and when we said the boys were on the barf diet , he started going on, that we shouldnt feed any form of raw poultry , chicken wings r pretty much a staple of the boys diets, we said so and he started going on about them dieing from salmonella, he said the only way we should feed chicken is off the bone and cooked, sort of defeats the bones and raw food diet, he said they could have beef, didnt know cows had wings lol, so what do you all think about this ????

B*ll*cks basically!

Mick

Yep my thoughts exactly

can always rely on you mick lol, thats what we thought, he asked us if we'd eat raw chicken , and i thought no but i dont piss up lamp posts either lol

lmao only on way home from pub Jules?

Why someone in that profession would say something like that is beyond me :banghead:

One thing I have leant about UK vets (not sure if its the same overseas) is they only do a few sessions, if that, on nutrition and not what I would say the best people to rely on when it comes to what food is best. All they seem interested in is selling their Science Plan bran food.

The main part of my boys diet is raw chicken and they are perfectly fine! Before I went to BARF I will admit I was worried about things like salmonella until I read about their stomachs still contain the bacteria needed to prevent them from getting things like salmonella.

we will still feed the boys chicken wings, i guess as with everything you have to be careful, funnily enough he didnt try to push his food on us , didnt actually see any food in the place, i just wish i could work out a way to check out the vets without having to make an appt

have a search on the web some vets have websites not all do but some will the vets we used to use had one but we now refuse to use them as they wouldn't even look at our cat when he was in pain and needed help