Poor Kaiser :(

Awww Kaiser was really sick earlier on tonight - about 4.40 for about 10 mins, he kept heaving and heaving and only brought up a bit of phlegm. I was sat with him with the family "sick bowl" on my knee so he could be sick in it rather than on me lol Just kept stroking him and talking to him as if he were a child - i know i know i'm daft but i felt really sorry for him.

He seems to be ok now, dashing about like crazy, well....he was until i heard a horrendous YELP and then crying from the back garden, i flew out of the house and kaiser came trotting round the corner on 3 legs!!

He seems ok, nothing broken and the leg isn't swollen or hot to touch so will keep an eye on him. He's now curled up on the sofa next to me fast asleep so will see how he is later.

My poor baby, two things in only a few hours!

Lol poor little guy...how weird ..would you believe i said the same thing to my mum today >> Alaska has a chipped tooth and we think it has some exposed nerve has she wriggles when we touch it >> poor girl cant have any kibble or treats until

2moz when we are taking her to the vet, then me and her were playing with a stick in the park and i went to give her the stick and she yelped >> i carelessly didn't see it was splintered and her the lining of her mouth was bleeding >> a few mins after she was trotting along like nothing happened and i think to myself >> jeeze if this was me i would be milking it for all it's worth...i know she could still feel it and the discomfort on the tooth >> i should know with 4 fillings and 1 root-cannal later :o I just wanted to pick her up and give her a cuddle but after a few mins of me saying "you alryt laski?" she looked completely baffed as if to say "uhhh im fine, now leave me alone to sniff around" lol

Poor little troopers just suffer in silence which led me to think about poor dogs that get abused, we would just complain and complain if we were in pain but not dogs :( ......But on a lighter note lol, Alaski should be fine after the vets and Kaiser seems to be over it ....;) Poor little fellas >> 2 incidents in a matter of hours!!!

Awe hope they are feeling better this morning:) Im keeping an eye on my 2 as my neighbour didnt inform me her dog had kennel cough and let Tia near her dog before telling me :confused:

ooh i hate when people do this >> Alaska has had it before and she was on a lead and each time i saw someone in the park with their dogs >>about 7 meters away i would be shouting .. SHES GOT KENNEL COUGH ... and jumping up and down like a nutter, and when people stroked her i said if youve got animals you shouldn't and you wash your hands before stroking your dog or cat just in case >>> We really want it gone before the meet so we'll get some antibiotics for them and some baby benalyn, just came off the phone with the vets and she said when it's fully gone we can give them an injection which really lowers their chances of catching it again:)

Well, Kaiser's not been sick again since yesterday afternoon so that's a good sign.

He was fine this morning and up until an hour ago was bouncing around as normal until i heard him yelp again and he's limping on the same leg again.

Nothing appears to be broke, I've moved his toes and squeazed them a bit and that doesn't cause him any pain, it's not hot to touch either and there's no swelling so i think he's twisted it maybe jumping down from somewhere??

No andy - nothing that i can find.....i'm wondering if he's twisted it and it's a bit sore?

LOL - Sqwidge sit still you must be joking LOL i'm not going to walk him for a few days to give it time to rest and will try and limit his activities in the house

lol, i know! But i think a couple days of as much rest as possible might help, and if he's still yelping then i think a trip to the vets.

hmm, just a thought, and i don't know what symptoms are, or ANYthing, but could he have got a grass seed caught between his toes which has worked its way into his leg somehow? My training instructor is forever going on about checking pups paws after walks...

Thanks Sarah - i've checked his paws and can't see anything, he just laid there and let me look which was good of him ! lol

Have checked all up his let as well to make sure no puncture wounds but nope, nothing there :(

It's probably bruised >> when Alaska was 6 months i took her out for a walk and we saw another dog and when the other dog bit or got near her paw she yelped...it seemed fine so i gave it 3 days and if it wasnt gone i would take her to the vets...but it did go away...so probably a bruise, i do hope he feels better soon :P

OMG :eek: sarah! Im sorry, only just managed to get around to read this!!! Sounds similar to what Bandit was like that time he kept throwing up. We found out it was a tiny piece of bone which was lodged in his throat and he managed to throw it up but it was horrible to see him trying to throw it up and nothing coming out. Poor boy looked so guilty. Your not silly talking to Kaiser like a child, I did it to bandit and strocked him and tried to stroke down his throat hoping it may help the piece of bone dislodge and either bandit throw it up or for it to continue its transit down to his stomach!

Glad Kaiser is ok now