Swim 2 The Heavens! ='(

It's honestly kinda late to post this thread, since my beloved koi fish Kaoru (pronounced as cow-roo) died last year. But because I never made any official R.I.P thread/posting about it, I wanna make one now. Too bad I don't have any pics bcoz I lost it all in my previous handphone, but I found a pic in Google that resembles Kaoru a lot.

[ATTACH]10510[/ATTACH]

Honestly up until today I don't know if Kaoru is a girl or a boy, so I just give it a unisex name. You know why I name a fish (that obviously never come when called)? Because Kaoru is one of a million, it's the only fish that is willing to be hand-fed in my entire pond (I have fifty koi fishes)!! I still can't forget the joy that I feel when it come and eat fish food from my fingers for the first time.. And I still can't forget how surprised I am to know that it died along with other thirty fishes =(

Only if electricity cuts doesn't happen too often, it will still be alive until today! :( The pond's "oxygen provider"--or whatever is that device's name--doesn't work for two full days thanks to the power down. And.. As you know, fishes can't live in a pond without oxygen :cry1:

Rest in peace, swim to the Heavens my lovely Kaoru! I hope they have an infinite supply of fish food there =')

post-2850-13585968631917_thumb.jpg

Aww poor fishy. I love koi and goldfish. I once had a butterfly koi named Ancient and I had him for several years but had a similar incident as you described. We had a bad ice storm and our power was out for 14 days and well no oxygen in the tank :( I lost a lot of fish because of that but he was special. I hope to make an outdoor koi pond when I move, I've always wanted one