Anyone have a HuskyXGSD? ? ?

I'm really curious if anyone on here has one lol I'm totally blown by Diesel's energy level even after three months of having him it hasn't lessened one bit. He's insane lol he goes for two walks a day in the morning and at night, plays at my dad's for 4 hours 3 to 4 times a week and has Kiana to run him into the ground but he STILL acts like he has no bottom to that energy level of his. He's approximately 3-4yrs old according to the shelter. I've enrolled him in obedience classes to deal with some other behaviors and hopefully will help with his energy.

Here is why I'm curious though. I've talked to a few people who have a cross like this and they have all said they are crazy high energy. Is this a norm for the cross or is it a GSD trait? I'm really curious cause Kiana has nowhere NEAR the insane amounts of energy Diesel has lol.

I don't have a husky x gsd but I have a gsd and she is full of energy aways on the go while the others all day and she pulls harder then both my husky boys together if you let her. I have had gsd all my life and they are quite active lol

Kiska is a husky x GSD and is lazy as anything :shrug: She's pretty laid back around the house unless she's playing with one of the other dogs, but she's not bouncing off the walls. She gets one 45 minute-ish walk a day and does fine on that. When we do go out she would go on and on and on forever running and stuff (unless it's hot, then she'll lay down in the shade but still try to keep playing :P ) but she never protests about going home and always crashes out as soon as we get in. I'd say she's less energetic than your average husky - and she was the most energetic and playful out of her litter :lolman:

WOW lol great responses guys. Steph I was thinking of Kiska this whole time but I couldn't for the life of me remember who owner her LOL guess I've been away from the forum for waaay to long :P Very interesting I think I'm going to join a GSD forum and see what they all think from what I've read so far sheps can range in energy level like any breed depending on what they are bred for I guess so that makes me feel a bit better lol. Poor Kiana gets worn out loooong before Diesel does and she's younger than him lol it's just odd but it works for me and him having a good time until I'm worn out lol.

Sid: lemme know when you get him what he's like I"m dying of curiosity to see how he compares to Diesel's energy cause he totally sounds just like my boy LOL

a Husky X GSD is a recognised breed now btw - Northern Inuit. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Inuit.

Kita is half Siberian Husky and Half Northern Inuit (basically 3 quarters Husky, 1 quarter GSD) and yes she has alot of energy :)

Actually James GSD x husky is still just that... Northern Inuits are a mix of several different breeds and while they are recognised in some circles they are not a kennel club recognised breed mostly because the founding dogs were rescued mixed breeds of unknown origin so their lines cannot be traced back.

From Wiki: In the late 1980s, the founder of the breed, Eddie Harrison, utilized several mixed-breed rescue dogs of unknown origin or heritage, crossing them with the Siberian Husky, Alaskan Malamute, and German Shepherd to produce early Northern Inuit dogs.

WOW lol great responses guys. Steph I was thinking of Kiska this whole time but I couldn't for the life of me remember who owner her LOL guess I've been away from the forum for waaay to long :P Very interesting I think I'm going to join a GSD forum and see what they all think from what I've read so far sheps can range in energy level like any breed depending on what they are bred for I guess so that makes me feel a bit better lol. Poor Kiana gets worn out loooong before Diesel does and she's younger than him lol it's just odd but it works for me and him having a good time until I'm worn out lol.

Sid: lemme know when you get him what he's like I"m dying of curiosity to see how he compares to Diesel's energy cause he totally sounds just like my boy LOL

Lol, well I can sniff out any husky x GSD thread on here so I was bound to find this :D

I think with the husky x GSD it comes down to what it does with any cross breed - you could get ANYTHING. Reputable breeders are not going to be breeding crosses, so they could have any background, appearance, temperament etc. You could get one that looks mostly like a husky that lazes around all day doing nothing, or a spitting image of a GSD that has so much energy they practically buzz :P

or a spitting image of a GSD that has so much energy they practically buzz :P

THAT right there is Diesel. He's insane energy lol and it's never ending. At least Kiana will tire out after 4hrs or so but Diesel he just keeps going and going and going and going. He may rest for 20 minutes and then act like he's on energy drinks or something. I just don't know what to do with this kid LOL. Thank goodness we're starting obedience classes soon or I'd lose it haha.